• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UBER-HIVE-STRUM!! The Hive to End all Hives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Heh heh... I'm thinking of writing down the info on my homebrew as system neutral as possible (though I'm going to eventually try and get set up a True20 pbp game).

Unfortunately, there is one problem... the current version of the world (mapped in 2002-03) has locations and names that use the dreaded apostrophe. Given current naming trends on conventions, that really needs to change.

The worlds name is Ne'cius (originally Nexius and pronounced as "neh C us"). So how *should* that be written w/o apostrophes assuming you want it to be easily pronounceable and look "pretty"?
1) Nehsius
2) Nesíus
3) Necíus

Luckily some of the apostrophes could easily be parsed out of several of the names I used. For instance the racial name of the elves, Ha'strae'al, could be easily changed to Hastraeyal without there being much of a changed with the pronunciation (Hah strae al becomes has trae [y]al).

Last edited:

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I didn't either. I'm watching Saving Private Ryan. I was cleaning more tonight. The game on Saturday is going to be huge. I had to bring in another table to make sure there's room.

I need to be fixing my wizard's character sheet.... Game's tomorrow afternoon and I have been having to fix the spells in etools.... Before, I had them typed out in Word.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I'll have to make sure I get over there. Maybe you can get me some free autographs.:p

I try to go to the restaurant every year but I don't always make it. It is good food and a neat looking place.

Writer autographs ARE FREE. It's the media people you have to pay $$ for. Can't help you with the latter.... I had to pay for the media people's autographs every year....

Once I got a free one from the lady who portrayed that character off Attack of the Clones who was in charge of the race who made the clones (neither character name nor race come to mind right now) because I happened to be standing around with a friend of mine who was working Guest Transportation that year and he was waiting on some other guests who were leaving around the same time as she was....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads