UBER-HIVE-STRUM!! The Hive to End all Hives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Magic
Protection

[sblock=Feats from my homebrew]Absorb Impact [Magic]
Prerequisite: Arcane Understanding, Eldritch Shield
Benefit: When you suffer from a fall, you may expend two points of spell energy to lessen the amount of dice of damage taken by one. The use of this ability can negate the possibility of taking any damage from a fall. For example, Leana falls from a distance of 30 feet. She expends four points of spell energy and only takes 1d6 points of falling damage

Arcane Understanding [General]
You know the basics of arcane magic and are knowledged in the understanding of how spells are formed.
Prerequisite: Intelligence 9
Benefit:You always treat Spellcraft as a class skill. In addition you gain Spell Energy equal to your Intelligence modifier +1.
Note: Spell energy is used to manipulate spells to produce metamagic affects, see the Modify Spell feat.

Eldritch Armor [Magic]
You can use your spell energy to form a protective shell around your body that acts as armor, but does not interfere with your spellcasting in any way.
Prerequisite: Arcane caster level 1st, Eldritch Shield, Spellcraft 4 ranks
Benefit: You can create an invisible but tangible field of force that surrounds you, providing a bonus to your AC equal to the amount of spell energy spent plus one (to a maximum bonus no greater than your hd/level +3). Unlike mundane armor, the eldritch armor formed entails no armor check penalty, arcane spell failure chance, or speed reduction. Since eldritch is made of force, incorporeal creatures can’t bypass it the way they do normal armor. The eldritch armor lasts for up to an hour.

Eldritch Shield [Magic]
You can create an invisible, tower shield-sized mobile disk of eldritch energy that hovers in front of you.
Prerequisite: Arcane Understanding, Spellcraft 2 ranks
Benefit: By expending four points of spell energy you can create an eldritch shield that hovers in front of you and moves around, negating magic missile attacks directed at you and grants a +4 shield bonus to AC. This bonus applies against incorporeal touch attacks, since it is a force effect. The shield has no armor check penalty or arcane spell failure chance. Unlike with a normal tower shield, you can’t use the eldritch shield for cover.

Modify Spell [Magic]
You can shape aspects of a spell by expending your personal reservoir of spell energy.
Prerequisite: Arcane Understanding, Caster level 1st, Spellcraft 2 ranks
Benefit: A character casting a spell that expends a portion of her spell energy can change aspects of how the spell functions. The options granted below give the name of the modification first, the amount of spell energy needed to employ the modification in parentheses and the description of the modification. The list is by no means complete, the GM is encouraged to adapt metamagic feats from other sources (the amount of spell energy needed to employ the modification should be one plus the number of levels higher than needed as described by the feat) or create her own.

Empower (SE3): All variable, numeric effects of an empowered spell are increased by one-half. Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are spells without random variables.

Enlarge (SE2): You can alter a spell with a range of close, medium, or long to increase its range by 100%. An enlarged spell with a range of close now has a range of 50 ft. + 5 ft./level, while medium-range spells have a range of 200 ft. + 20 ft./level and long-range spells have a range of 800 ft. + 80 ft./level. Spells that have ranges that are not defined by distance, as well as spells whose ranges are not close, medium, or long, do not have increased ranges.

Extend (SE2): An extended spell lasts twice as long as normal. Spells with durations of concentration, instantaneous or permanent can not be affected with this modification.

Heavy (SE1): A heavy spell multiplies the weight limit of it by two and a half.

Maximize (SE4): All variable, numeric effects of a spell affected by this modification are maximized. Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are spells without random variables. Spells that are empowered and the maximized gain the separate benefits of each modification; the maximum result plus one-half the normally rolled result.

Silent (SE2): A silent spell can be cast without verbal components. Spells without verbal components are not affected. A spellsinger’s spellsongs cannot be affected with this modification.

Still (SE2): A stilled spell can be cast without somatic components. Spells without somatic components are not affected.

Widen (SE4): You can alter a burst, emanation, line or spread shaped spell to increase its area. Any numeric measurements of the spell’s area increase by 100%. Spells that do not have an area of one of these four sorts cannot be affected by this modification.

Other modifications to spells exist that expand from this base, but require the Modify Spell as a prerequisite in order to use them.

Spell Energy Reservoir [Magic]
Prerequisite: Arcane Understanding or Spell Energy Reserve
Benefit: You gain an additional four points of spell energy. For every new hit die/level you gain you gain an additional point of spell energy.

[/sblock]
Please note that the spells Mage Armor and Shield are non-existant in the Tale, and instead their mechanics have been integrated into these feats. This system is nowhere near complete, but I hope it helps.

Hmm... it looks like the edition war now turning into a GSL vs Non-GSL war.
That was to be expected, I suppose. People have been quarreling about it some time now... *shrugs* Until Monte goes 4E (very unlikely, it is basically a wonder he's going Pathfinder with his novel plans) or Mearls is layed off and creates his own company, I probably will not care that much about the 3pp market. Though Orcus has me interested in his APG and his Adventure Path... Oh, and Earthd4wn looks interesting... Okay, maybe I am not as disinterested as a I thought. ;)

This, of course, assumes that we care... but seriously, I think not that many do *really* care, except for the publishers, obviously.

Also, can the hive randomly toss me some ideas you get when you hear these words:
  • Magic
  • Protection
  • Remedy
  • Vengeance

(yeah, I'm using the hive as idea generator, so sue me :p )

Cheers, LT.

You need Magic Protection as a remedy against the vengeance brought you by a villains whose plans you repeatedly foiled. Pretty generic, eh? :)

Or did you want something for the individual words?

hafrogman

Adventurer
Also, can the hive randomly toss me some ideas you get when you hear these words:
  • Magic
  • Protection
  • Remedy
  • Vengeance
Well, the first three scream potion to me. Probably proof against some disease that is resistant to normal methods. Then we throw in revenge.

Someone unleashed a disease against someone in an attempt for revenge, intending only to kill his victim. However, it proved more virulent than thought, and has infected the whole town. Healing magic has proven ineffective (or the only healer was the first to succumb). But there is legend of a healing spring out in the wilderness. The party must discover the spring and return with the cure before it is too late.

When they return, they discover the culprit behind the attack has now been infected with his own disease. Do they cure him, and turn him over to the authorities, or let his own deeds wreak their revenge upon him?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Or did you want something for the individual words?
Individual words. But the other ideas tossed around are going straight into my notes! You can never have too many plot hooks!

PS: Imagine these words with "runechildren" in front of it and try to map them to four roles! I'm just digging for inspiration for the powers. ;)

Cheers, LT.

Mycanid

First Post
TOTALLY sabotaged!

Amazing how those links I posted a dozen or so pages back contained WAY too trancey links ... here are some slightly modified links which should represent it a little better what I meant of by ethereal music:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5pE7TL7ZaI[/ame]

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QzNexbQT5Ok[/ame]

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=iAOw3wLOFEI[/ame]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
VideoGameMagicItems_tn400w.jpg

Oh my god, oh my god......

*roflmao*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads