UK FLGS - Central London

HiLiphNY

Explorer
I'm going to be in London (Knightsbridge and Canary Wharf) area over the next week. Where, oh where, would a fine chap like me find some FLGS love? Give me your best and brightest!

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

The games shop I go to is Orc's Nest at 6 Earlham Street off Cambridge Circus (nearest tubes: Tottenham Court Road or Leicester Square). It has a wide range in a small two floor shop, including lots of RPGs, miniatures, board/wargames and other stuff.

Cheers

Richard

Huw

First Post
As well as Orc's Nest there's Playin' Games, 33 Museum Street, near the British Museum. Excellent selection of board games as well as an impressive RPG selection.

If you head further north, there's Leisure Games in Finchley (100 Ballard Street). Not exactly central, but worth visiting if you're in the area.

Sidekick

First Post
Also there's Forbidden Planet which isn't so much a FLGS as a rather large one-stop shop for al your geeky needs.

It's at 179 Shaftesbury Avenue (WC2H 8JR) and is basically just down the road from the Orc's Nest.

generally the usual Mo seems ot be that people flck through books they are thinking of buying at forbidden planet and then go buy it at the Orc' Nest as they plastic wrap their books.

Deadguy

First Post
Morrus said:
Torchwood!
Glad it wasn't just me that thought that! I can't look at One Canada Square the same any more.

On topic, I'll add that a trip to Leisure Games is well worthwhile. They hold a very wide range of stock.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Don't bother with Orc's Nest unless you know exactly what you want to buy - they seal everything in plastic bags.

Playin' Games, on the other hand, has everything open so you can browse to your hearts content, so I recommend them. (You can then have a snack in the British Museum at the end of the road too, and admire their amazing geodesic roof for free!)

S'mon

Legend
Playin Games is definitely the best of the two central London stores. Even my wife likes it for the non-RPG games.

Remove ads