• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultimate Superhero Toolkit

Lizard

Explorer
Morrus said:
"Super-hero" is tardemarked; "superhero" isn't. I've seen "superhero" used in lots of places quite freely, including supers games. It'll be fine. Although we may change the word "toolkit", purely for aesthetic reasons.

Yup, we could go for something like "The Slightly Below Average Suphero Toolkit", but I somehow don't think that would sell so well.... :)

FWIW, I would definitely buy something called "The Ultimate Superhero Toolkit", because, that's what I'd most want from a D20 Supers product. I want something modular and plug-in-able and adjustable to handle everything from Daredevil to the Wesinger-era Superman. I want to be able to give a Mind Flayer 6 levels of the Brick class, or create a Wookie with fire powers.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Will this simply be a rules supplement for use with any d20 System products, or a game product with a campaign settting? Business-wise, I pick the latter.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ranger REG said:
Will this simply be a rules supplement for use with any d20 System products, or a game product with a campaign settting? Business-wise, I pick the latter.

The former. If you're after the latter, I'd suggest either Green Ronin's or Fiery Dragon's products later this year.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hmm. Krusk(tm) the Super Barbarian. :D

Ebon(tm) the Mighty Monk.

Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast. The use of the trademarks in this message is in no way challenge Wizards of the Coast's ownership.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Don't forget there will be a mini-setting in there written b Moi. .

An action/horror supers setting set in 1980's New York City - It will inclued notable sites around the city, sample NPCs villians, sample adventure ideas, sample characters with tips for creating story arcs and adventures from the origins, and more. . . .

leaghe

First Post
I'm pretty sure that the word 'superhero' (not 'super-hero') is trademarked by Marvel and DC. Here's a quote I pulled from a FAQ about the old DC Heroes game...

"The DC Heroes RPG is a copyright of Mayfair Games, and DC is a trademark of DC Comics. The owner of this FAQ does not contest ownership of any of either, nor the term 'superhero', which is a trademark held jointly by both DC Comics and Marvel Comics."

I did a web search and basically found the same stuff in the credits of different games and fanzines.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how check on trademarks accurately, but maybe someone else does... ?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads