Ultramodern Firearms d20 Web Preview

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
dpmcalister said:
On the research side, take a look at the L85A1, the description provided actually describes the L85A2! The range increment is out (it should be 100m) and the "fold down iron sights" just don't exist. The L85 comes in to variants - L85A1, used by non-infantry units. Fitted with iron sights (they don't fold down) and has a number of reliability problems associated with it (both real and imagined); and the L85A2, issued to infantry units. It is fitted with a SUSAT sight (the 4x optical sight listed in the description) and is more reliable (recent tests have proved this beyond doubt). The weight of the L85A1 is around 9 lbs, while the weight given (12 lbs) is correct for the L85A2!

Reality check time from an Average Joe Gamer :)

In all honesty, I never would have known if you hadn't mentioned it, it never would have affected my game, and it never would have detracted from my fun. ;)

And I'm still looking forward to picking this up. :)

Bagpuss

Legend
Unseelie said:

Nah, make it a cone like Cone of Cold from the PBH, up the damage (or allow burst fire) and reflex save for half.

A "Cone" for autofire? You heritic! Why autofire only attacks people in a 10' x 10' square (or 20' x 5') you can't have bullets hitting people between the attacker and his targeted rectangle, people might get hurt. :rolleyes:

In the past I was safe in the knowledge I could empty the clip from my AK-47 through some light cover like innocent bystanders and babies in prams without causing them any harm, to gun down villians. Now you want to introduce a "cone effect", do you really want to be responsible for all those additional deaths? That babies blood will be on your hands!

:eek:

bolen

First Post
I just wonder how well D20 handles the level of realism that you are attaching to it. Why not just look up the guns in Jane's books? Is D20 capable of presinting games where it matters in game terms what kind of submachine gun you are shooting.

Remove ads