• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Ultramyth Design] The Immortal: Vampires now available

Ultramyth

Explorer
After a few weeks of delay because of a sick editor, this product is finally underway starting with the PDF run. In the future, we plan to make a printed version, both through POD on RPGnow! and special, handmade hardcover editions, available mostly in Sweden or eventually by mail order.

Ultramyth Design Proudly Presents
The Immortal: Vampires
vampires.jpg

The Immortal: Vampires focuses on the most renowned immortal monster of all, the vampire.

Dissatisfied with the generic vampire of the core rules? Too powerful? Too weak? Just not your idea of a vampire? The Immortal: Vampires puts a much needed spin on classic bloodsucking monster, drawing from mythology and folklore around the world, and both classic and modern popular fiction. If The Immortal: Vampires doesn't have what you're looking for, it certainly has the tools for you to create it yourself: just about everybody has their own idea of what a vampire should be, and knowing this, this product also includes a guideline to creating your own custom vampire templates.

Available Now!

Features
  • Details vampires ideal either for play or as antagonists.
  • Describes the history and mythology in brief from the dawn of civilisation to the 21st century.
  • Dozens of new optional and variant rules for the core vampire and others, including feeding habits, conditional critical hits for staking and special effects for consuming the blood of various creatures.
  • Rules for creating your own custom vampire template/breed if you're unsatisfied with those presented in the core rules.
  • Over 25 new vampiric monsters and templates, both from the folklore and mythology from around the world and inspired by popular fiction.
  • From folklore comes a host of undead from all across Europe, including the dearg-due of Ireland, the draugr of Scandinavia, the strigoi mort of Romania, and the zemu of Moldavia, to Asia in the east, including the beautiful langsuir of Malaysia and the deadly ch'ing shih of ancient China, to the Americas in the west and the bizarre Brazilian lobishomen.
  • Literary vampires include the nosferatu and master vampire, straight from the pages of Bram Stoker, the demonic vampire, influenced by shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and From Dusk Till Dawn, and the romantic vampire, inspired by the works of Anne Rice, including it's own age category system.
  • Each monster entry includes details on the vampire's creation, history in folklore, mythology or fiction, feeding and sleeping habits, and weaknesses, giving more detailed information than the standard monster entry.
  • The Walker Through Time prestige class ideal for immortal spellcasters wishing to acquire evermore knowledge and skills.
  • Statistics for the classic 19th century vampire figures; Carmilla, Varney, Lord Ruthern and, of course, Count Dracula.
  • 4 completely new and original vampire gods to terrorise your campaign world, completely detailed including holy symbols, and full statistics.
  • Illustrated
  • 132 pages and bonus Custom Template sheet!

Available on RPGNow!

Crothian

First Post
It'll be a few weeks beofre I get to the actually review, but the fuirst glance of this book looks good. I like your art and the look of the book. THe writing is really good and while I need to take a closer look at some things it really seems to cover an area that has been done death, differently.

Ultramyth

Explorer
Yeah, I knew that the topic was one that's been thoroughly covered. However, I wouldn't have written on it in the first place if I hadn't felt that there was something missing from the scene. Vampires are one of those creatures that everyone seems to have a different idea about. So instead of constraining players and DMs to the strict, generic vampire of the core rules, this book is about variation. It basically covers everything from ancient myths, to 18th century folklore, to entries that will make Anne Rice and Buffy fans feel right at home.

And if you're still not satisfied? Rules to create your own template, the way you want it. I'm satisfied with the work I've done. Now comes the nailbiting time of waiting to see how well it's recieved...

Crothian

First Post
Wow, I just finished my review on this book and I have to say I am impressed. This is two for two on really good books by you and I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Nice review, Crothian. I'll definitely have to buy a print copy of this when I get a chance.

(I have this thing for vampires. Probably half my DVDs are bad vampire movies)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads