• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Uncharted the movie

MarkB

Legend

Okay, it looks good, and the Uncharted games are ripe for inspiration / adaptation to the big screen, but seriously, Tom Holland as Nathan Drake? That does not feel like a good fit.

Ryujin

Legend
Movie does look good, but I's say that Holland is about as good a physical fit for Nathan Drake, as Tom Cruise was for Jack Reacher.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I dont like Mark Whalberg as Sully. I think Whalberg should have been Drake's older brother instead.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
I think it looks really good. Almost enough to lessen my angst at the delay of the Indiana Jones movie (AGAIN).

Tom Holland looks pretty good as a young Nathan, but his voice is so...Peter Parker...to me that I will have to figure out how to unhear Spider-Man when he talks.

niklinna

satisfied?
Wow, modern movie trailers sure are exhausting. I'm not sure I could sit through the whole film! Even with Mark Wahlberg & Tom Holland as eye candy.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Hmmm.... Tom I like...but not as Nathan. Tom would probably have been fine...in another 10 to 15 years after he's aged a bit, got some more meat on his bones, developed some grey hair and a couple wrinkles...you know; gotten that "worn-leather bad-assery" look. Right now he looks like, well, a kid. GREAT for Spider Man...not so great for this role.

The only disappointing thing I saw...or rather didn't...was stuff breaking every time he climbs/jumps or otherwise uses something for movement (ropes, bridges, ledges, ladders, etc). There's a reason why I think the nick-name for Nathan Drake is "Nathan Breaks"...because everything he touches, well, breaks. (Jacksepticeye's playthrough on Youtube is where I got that; great playthrough, btw; shout out to Jack! :) ).

^_^

Paul L Ming

Remove ads