Unconverted generic 2nd Edition creatures

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
bloodsipper was just completed recently, and has not been posted yet. check the new conversions thread in the homebrews forum. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sea linnorm was in Dragon #356.

Do the gigantes differ from Antaeus and Enceladus? We've got them in the CC.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
The sea linnorm has been removed from the list :).

The gigantes entry in Legends & Lord presents stats for generic gigantes -- a "race of giants that Gaea gave birth to when the blood of her mutilated husband fell upon her earthly form" (aside: how charming). The entry mentions both Antaeus and Enceladus as examples of gigantes, but implies that there are other gigantes too.

So, while the other gigantes probably don't differ much from Antaeus and Enceladus, I don't think the specific entries for those two can really be counted as updates of the generic gigantes stats.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Echohawk said:
No! Or rather... yes, now I do. Well spotted!

I found that one years ago when looking for obscure monsters to convert, and filed it away in the back of my mind. I'm not sure what triggered the memory, but it sent me searching for it again. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Where are the statistics for the questing beast in Legends & Lore (and Deities and Demigods)?

I'm only finding a brief meniton of the creature in King Pellinore's entry.

I hope they're in there, because it would be fun to convert. ;)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
"The Questing Beast is a four-footed reptile resembling a camel without the humps, and having a long, serpentine tail ending in a nasty spiked ball."

Its stats can be found on page 41 of the 2nd Edition Legends & Lore :)

Remove ads