• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Undead and regeneration?

Frog Slime

First Post
Can undead have the regeneration special quality? If regeneration makes damage against them subdual damage, and Undead are immune to subdual damage, I can imagine it might make things a little complicated.

Devon

First Post
To accomodate undead regeneration, I would simply run it like the original regeneration, giving back hit points every round, and ignoring the "subdual damage" aspect of regeneration altogether.

- Devon

Devon

First Post
I agree, also make sure that the Undead is slain at 0 HP

I would still use the regeneration vulnerability rules. If a new type of wraith regenerates everything but magical weapon or fire damage, for example, I would still require that the killing blow be with fore or a magical weapon in order to prevent it from reforming. Same with a skeleton or mummy, which would best be killed with fire or acid.

We'd still have to keep track of the two types of damage, but I think that's a small price for a regenerating undead baddie.

I had a breed of 2e regenerating cyberskeletons which had a matrix of steely fibers that would reconstruct them and hold them together, but if they were killed with acid or fire, then the bones would be too damaged for the power to work.

- Devon

Remove ads