D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

River Song

Explorer
sounds really good mate, do you have restrictions of clerics etc. Not sure if I am going that way but it is worth asking the question.

Thanks for running this by the way, sounds like it will be fun and different. :)

River Song

Explorer
Can we swap/sell starting equipment we start with?

For example, Chain shirt and scale mail both cost 50gp but I would prefer chain shirt (1 less AC but no stealth penalty).

Concept: Ranger, Human, Sailor - favoured enemy (undead) haha.

River Song

Explorer
Dougal "Doogie" Macrhay

Dougal „Doogie“ Macrhay

Lawful Neutral Human Sailor Ranger Level 6

AC 16 (Chain Shirt, Dual Wielder)
HP 72
Hit Dice 6x (1d10+2)

Attack
Handaxe +7 (1d6+4) (S) 20/60
Long Bow +5 (1d8+2) (P) 150/600
Flail +7 (1d8+4) (B)

[sblock=Skills & Abilities]
Str 16 (+4) Dex 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Int 10 (+0) Wis 13 (+1) Cha 8(-1)

Athletics +7
Investigation +3
Perception +4 (Passive 19)
Religion +3
Stealth +5
Survival +4

Strength Saves +7
Con Saves +5

Tools: Navigators, Vehicles (Water)
Languages
Common, Aquan, Gnomish, Infernal

Class Abilities
Favoured Enemy: Undead, Fiends – Advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track favoured enemy and Intelligence to recall information about them.
Favoured Terrain: Coastal, Forest – When making and Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled.
Primeval Awareness
Hunter Archetype: Horde Breaker
Fighting Style: Two Weapon

Spellcaster:
1st (4 slots): Hunter's Mark, Cure Wounds
2nd (2 Slots): Darkvision, Pass without Trace

Feat: Dual Wielder
Feat Level 4: ASI (+2 Str) and Observant (+1 Wis and +5 to PP and PI)
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Equipment]
Chain Shirt & Common Clothes
Long Bow & Quiver of 20 Arrows
Handaxes x2
Explorer's Pack (Backpack, Bedroll, Messkit, Rations, & Waterskin, Tinderbox & Torches, Rope)
Flail
Blaying Pin
50ft Silk Rope
[/Sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Sailor: Passage

Personality: My friends know they can rely on me no matter what.
Ideals: Fairness. We all do the work, so we all share in the rewards.
Bonds: I’ll always remember my first ship.
Flaws: I follow orders, even if I think they are wrong.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Alright! So I got to run this campaign this weekend for a good two and a half sessions in person. It went great. In fact, it went so great, that I'm going to actually write this as a campaign to put on the DM Guild when it's finished. It's a pretty big one, but I think it'll be awesome!

What I've decided to do with it is include all my favorite things about DND that never get played with, so the bosses will be way over your head, and hordes of creatures will be coming at you. If you die, you become a greater undead (like a Death Knight or something like that), and are now a bad guy working against the rest (and I'll actually start a Evil Thread for those people).

I'm actually going to start you at level 6, not level 1. If I start you at level 1, you won't make it past the first encounter.

Also, I will be including a buttload of magical items, many of which will be legendary. Because let's face it, a level 6 party should not beat what I have in store for you. You will still have to earn said items, but they will help to even the playing field just a little.

Word to the wise, people always say Champion Fighters are the weakest form of Fighter, but give them a Vorpal Sword, and all of a sudden that 19 crit becomes EPIC. This weekend, my brother decapitated a Dracolich on his first hit. And when it reformed in a new body later, he did it again...and he had disadvantage. He rolled a 19, and then a 20. Crit either way. Decapitated on first hit. And he was level 7.

So basically, if you play the game right, you could be equipped with the best weapons and items in the game. I will be including artifacts. I will be including Sentient Weapons. And they will be tailored to your character's strengths.

The point of this game is not treasure hunting. It is fighting back the Undead Apocalypse and helping to rebuild civilization. But, instead of earning Rare loot, then Very Rare, then when you get high enough getting Legendary, we're just going to skip the middle man and let you get the good stuff.

But you will have to earn it. It's possible to do what the group this weekend did, and grab all of it on the first adventure, which helps tremendously on the rest, but it's going to be hard as crap to actually do.

Also, those two characters look great so far. Update them to level 6, and let's see if we can get a few more people! The more join, the more likely you'll survive!

Trying to be good and not get in anymore games but this one sounds like such fun. Think I might just breakdown and make up a character. Now what do I want to play. Maybe a ranger or monk.

tglassy

Adventurer
Eladrin is fine.

Yeah, sticking to my guns there. The group will be able to requisition equipment from the city, but overcrowding, not enough food, rampant disease, constant assaults on the city walls, and not enough good weapons and armor to supply the city guard all means there's not a lot to go around.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads