• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
LOL, and get me killed. I was thinking though that summoning some elementals would help take some pressure off the party. Nor to mention spending some time in beast form absorbing some hits without actually taking much damage.

Squirrels are evil!

tglassy

Adventurer
Pally's are beast, and will help tremendously. Except that they will be targeted more than others. So...yeah.

Doubly so for Cleric.

tglassy

Adventurer
Little update on the setting and a few notes. This is just what everyone knows.

When the Hordes rose up, which was at least a few generations ago, if not a hundred years, there was a plague released that infected people of faith. Specifically, the more faith you had, the more sick you became, and magical cures did not work. The only cure was to renounce your faith.

This had a few widespread effects. First, it meant only the most devout kept their faith, so Clerics and Paladin (who still need faith in their vows) started disappearing, with only the most faithful staying, who subsequently died of their illness.

Second, with no worshipers, the gods began to lose power, very, very quickly. A few disappeared altogether, but most were simply weakened to the point of near impotence.

The last of the Clerics worked with some Archmages to create the wards around Waterdeep and a few other cities before their gods' power fell entirely. The wards remained, though, so the cities were protected.

The main cities that were protected were Waterdeep and Baulder's Gate, as well as Calimport. There are reports, however, that Baulder's Gate is completely destroyed, and no one has heard anything from Calimport for decades. Anyone who is sent down there never returns.

At this point, Waterdeep is in dire straights. They're dealing with overcrowding, food shortages, disease running ranpant, their guard and city watch doesn't have enough weapons and armor to arm everyone and what they do have is falling into disrepair, and to top it all off, a hordes of zombies continually attack the city from outside. They can't get past the wards, but they keep any major expeditions from leaving. No matter how often the city fights them back, they just keep showing up.

This is the world you have entered in.

But there is hope. A church to the Overgod, Ao, was discovered, and none of its practitioners suffered from the disease. In fact, as long as homage is paid to Ao over all others, it seems like the people can worship whatever god they choose. These gods, eager to gain worshipers, shower their followers with spells and whatever they have the power to give, though admittedly their power is much weakened. Ao tends to not grant spells or answer prayers, but worshiping him seems to stave off the Faith Plague.

This has just been discovered recently, and so new Clerics and Paladin have come forward, eager to fight the Undead Hordes. It is now that the City Lords feel they can begin to take back the world.

tglassy

Adventurer
It probably would have taken a few years from first infection to scrambling for cover. Thing is, everyone that died gets back up to fight for the bad guys, so it was inevitable. And with no divine magic...

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Yeah, think I'm going to go with a druid. I was considering a cleric/druid multi though, for better healing spell options.

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads