• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

undead player charicter templates

Gicko

First Post
Well guys, I’m actually getting pretty anxious to make some characters with these things. Mainly because I cant work on my other bugbears for multiple reasons. (Rogue weapon difficulties, sorcerer bloodline unavailable, one-armed monk mechanic not figured out, ETC) so I’m just going to ask one thing.

Are these race templates suitable for use? If not, why? And how can I fix it?

Gicko

First Post
added a new undead race: the mummy. also edited the first post to include updated races.

Mummy

Abilities: Dex:+4, Con-all, int-1, wis-1,

Medium size

Land speed of 30

Known languages: common. Bonus languages: Giant, Gnoll, undercommon

Skill bonuses: +2 on survival and escape artist.

Special skills: darkvision 60 Ft. dehydration.

Dehydration: if a mummy rolls a natural 20 when attempting to hit an opponent, and winds up dealing the killing blow, said enemy will crumble to dust.
</H1>

Gicko

First Post
updated the templates in the first post. read it again to see whats changed.

What I did:
Neafed the vampire abilities, from Str+6, dex+4, int+2, Wis+2 and Cha +4 to current.
Increase the ghoul Str bonus from +3 to +4
Reduced the Vampire skill bonuses from +5 to +2. Removed sense motive.
Removed the Lich’s skill bonuses (+4 on perception, sense motive and stealth.) replaced with current.
Reduced total number of skills with skill bonuses to two per race.
Gave Skeletons an additional bonus feat like humans.
Vampires may now only drink the blood of the same race it came from.
Added a mummy race
Removed vampire DR
Added a DR 5/magic to ghost, as opposed to immunity to nonmagic attacks.
Removed weaknesses to running water, and innibility to enter private homes from Vampire.
Removed Lich’s Cha bonus
Removed Skeleton and Lich immunities
Switched the word “foraged” with “artificial” in the Lich’s phylactery
Added instructions on how to create a Lich’s phylactery
The Ghoul’s bite is now a free action, and may be used in addition to regular attacks.
Buffed the Mummy’s dehydration attack, making it actually useful.
Removed Int bonus from vampire
Altered raicial bonuses to eliminate odd-numbers.
Added a Dex bonus to the Ghoul.

Sylrae

First Post
I dunno if you'll like it, but I wanted the ability to make a variety of slightly different vampires, and wanted to be able to make the template acquireable from level 1 without game-breaking power increases.

I made this up a while back.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-house-rules/268688-playable-vampire-level-0-up.html

I'm actually running a ravenloft Module from 2nd ed next week, updated to Pathfinder RPG, and using this vampire in place of the pf one.

I think it makes the vampire more playable for characters, but the fluff is a little different than the core PF/3.5 one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads