Under strange stars

Ashy

First Post
Jagra translates for the group and then asks, "Has anyone asked the great bird? Maybe he's just really, really hungry?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Menghil chuckles slightly as Jagra translates the cyclops's dward crack but then gets more thoughtful at Jagra's comment.

"That's a good question, can one speak to this bird? Perhaps even if it doesn't speak any known tongue, there might be a spell to allow us to get it's opinion."

Zerth

First Post
"Sounds like they are their own worst enemy," Amira comments after Jagra has translated Pesetokos' words.

She sighs. "There's no easy way out of this. The only way we could leave this island peacefully would be to convince the cycplopses, that Pesetokos' view is the right one."

"I believe we must go to this Great Bird and find out, why it is carrying the ships from the sea to the mountain. Maybe Pesetokos should join us. He might find proof, that their God has not meant his people to turn hostile against the entire outside world - what I personally don't believe is the case," the princess explains.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad, Captain

Showing no objection to the Cyclopian priest actions, the Captain follows suit.
Going in the Princess' wake topping off with his wand.

Someone

Adventurer
Pesetokos seems very agitated with the thought of going to the Bird´s nest. For what Jagra can put together, the mountain is some kind of taboo place. After a while, he´s starting to accept the thought of you going there, but by no means he´s climbing up there. "And" continues, now more calmed, "I have to stay here. I´ve broken the law of my people helping you, even if it was for a good reason, and I must face the consequences. Also, I can´t leave them here alone."

By the time you´ve finished taling, Razeem finds you.

[OOC: I´ve been very busy this past week, having an important exam yesterday; that explains the lack of meaningful posts. That will hopefully improve, so continue roleplaying a bit until I can gather time and energy to continue at a good pace.]

Ashy

First Post
Jagra nods, understanding the giant's plight. He translates for the others and then speaks, "I don't like it one bit, but I understand, Pesetokos. If you would let us know a bit more about the way things work in your village, such as where they might jail you (if they indeed do) or how you expect to be punished, that would help us greatly...." It is apparent from the gnome's line of questioning that he is planning to come back and spring the cyclopse, and wants to make sure he has all of the information required.

Someone

Adventurer
“Eeeh, no, I think you don´t understand” replies Pesetokos, who´s no really in the mood for a philosophical and moral discussion.

Meanwhile Razeem has visited the crashed ship and delivered the news. Halma received them with a resigned sigh, and told the mephit that it doesn´t come as a surprise; they had the attack of one of the apemen that killed one crew member, another one was bitten by a snake, other was doused with acid from some kind of man-eating plant, and four are seriously ill for eating poisonous fruits. A war with what´s left of a nation of giants is just icing on the cake. The healer has more trouble with them that he can handle (and the crew members aren´t exactly new in this business) and that´s delaying the works. They´ve starting to build a palisade, but all the problems are taking time.

Hearing that, Shin´nairo decides to go back to the ship and help them, “or we could have no crew when we´re over with the Bird. Hope to see you soon” and she dissaperas in the jungle, gided by Razeem. You say goodbye to her and Pesetokos; he wishes you the best of lucks, leads the cyclopses back to the village (so they don´t know where you´re going) and the rest of the party heads to the mountain.

The travel, out of the asphyxiating rainforest is easy at first, the air is clean and the terrain easy. Later, your luck runs out, as the hard rocks start to come out of the soft soil, and the clouds to gather. Lunch time comes with another warm torrential rain with nothing that could be used as cover nearby, so you sit and eat your rations under the courtain of water, thinking that someone should, at least, thank you a lot for what you´re doing. Akeeta just curls on the floor, next to Al-Khazad, and seems to not mind it very much.

Fortunately, it doesn´t last long: the sun makes its way out of the clouds and has his revenge. The party starts to steam like a boling pot and by the time you arrive at the first difficult spots (and Razeem finds you again) you´re totally dry.

From afar, the mountain wasn’t so imposing; looking at it from below it´s another matter entirely. The climbing starts just fine, and for a couple hours you find only easy slopes and climbs. Then you find a ledge that goes upwards for a hundred yards or so, before dissapearing into the vertical wall.

“Another ledge.” Announces Razeem, pointing at some point, about 60 feet over you. “It continues easy easy from here”

hafrogman

Adventurer
Menghil looks upwards to the ledge and considers the mountain side.

"We climb?"

He looks to the mephit.

"Is there anything up there to tie a rope to?"

[ooc - how climbable is the path up to the ledge?]

Zerth

First Post
"Goes and sees, yes he will!" Razeem says while flying a couple circles around Menghil. "You gots rope?"

If it's possible, Razeem will try to tie a rope somewhere to ease the climbing effort. (Use Rope +10. Take 10, if that's enough.)

Amira looks up in dread. "Climb? I'll never make it. Perhaps I'll use my daily flying spell."

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
"Already used mine..." Jagra complains, looking up at the imposing stone wall. "I think I'll have my spider climb ready, however..."

Remove ads