Under strange stars

Someone

Adventurer
The skeleton belongs to the "definitely dead" category. The causes of the death are evident: a crack in the skull, several other bones broken, and a piece of stiff and old rope in the skeletal hand. The corpse hasn´t been disturbed by any scavengers.

He (she?) wore fine clothes, and had a scimitar of good steel at his side still in good condition, once you shapen it and remove the oxide. Also there´s a small pouch containing several (relatively) large gems, worth at least 800 dinars (4000 regular gold coins).

hafrogman

Adventurer
[ooc - human skeleton I presume? Or at least non-cyclopean?]

Menghil leans over the skeleton and considers the rope in it's hands.

"Going up or down do you think? If there haven't been any visitors, then it'd have to be one of the snatched sailors trying to escape the birdy. Still, this guy could have been here a long time."

Someone

Adventurer
(yep, in my humanocentic point of view I forget to mention that detail. Two eyes, human size, two ams and legs. Probably human.)

Ashy

First Post
Jagra casually pockets the pouch and then draws the scimitar, looking at it. After a moment of inspection, he straps the scimitar and sheath to his backpack and then makes ready to head out.

"Nothin' remarkable here, just some poor soul who was not as lucky as we were...Seems he had a bit of a nasty fall...."

Ashy

First Post
hafrogman said:
[ooc - human skeleton I presume? Or at least non-cyclopean?]

Menghil leans over the skeleton and considers the rope in it's hands.

"Going up or down do you think? If there haven't been any visitors, then it'd have to be one of the snatched sailors trying to escape the birdy. Still, this guy could have been here a long time."

Jagra takes a closer look at the rope, trying to determine if it was cut, snapped, or worn in two...

Zerth

First Post
"Menghil is probably right. That was a passenger from one of the ships the bird carried up here. I'd say he's too well-dressed to be a regular sailor," Amira says in between sighs as she looks at her ruined dress with disgust.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Ashy said:
Jagra takes a closer look at the rope, trying to determine if it was cut, snapped, or worn in two...

Hard to tell. The end or the short rope is unraveled, but you´re not sure if it was cut and then the weather and time did this, or for some other reason.

Anyway the climb continues, this time the proximity to the top gives new strenght to your sore legs. Fortunately, you don´t find any other specially difficult climb, and when the sun heads to his rest under the horizon the spot where you saw the ships is at hand.

Razeem, who´s having an easier time than any of you, return with a concerned face.

"There´s a bird there, big big!"

You look at each other; you remember the massive falcon flying away from the island yesterday, but not returning. Maye you missed it when you were in the jungle.

Zerth

First Post
"Perhaps. That would also explain, why the bird has been carrying the ships up here. If there are young ones, the mother bird needed a bigger nest," Amira explains. "Let's take a closer look, that's why we came all the way up here."

Remove ads