Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC:
Phoenix, taking Logan out of striking distance would probably better. If everyone is fleeing then I'll change Boris' teleport a bit closer to the door. Hopefully he will survive the onslaught thanks to his high defenses (though our enemies have very high to hit chances). I was hoping our ranged attackers would reduce the enemy a bit before they fled (eg our sorceror could have used an action point to do so), but oh well.

In any case, que sera sera...
OOC: Logan is still conscious and hasn't gone yet this turn though. So he can move himself out of the room as he's not beside anything that will produce an attack of opportunity. Boris has already moved (although if you do teleport closer to the door and within reach of Kurnos (say E6 or D6) then Kurnos could start his turn with grabbing Boris and then move instead of hoping the DM would let me do a grab along the way. Voda Vosa, If I wanted to pick up Boris (assuming he'd let me) to carry him out, would I need a grapple check, or just a melee touch attack, or something else? Kurnos would be happy to stand with him against the foes as well since he probably wouldn't follow orders to evacuate and leave someone standing there to die alone. Especially not in this place.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I will rule that you'll need a grapple check if he doesn't let you (i.e. consider him an enemy) if he is willing, you automatically succeed on the attack, and need a high enough Str to drag his weight (If you don't, you can make a Str check). You need a move action to hold him and another to move out of the room. You can also burn AP at will.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: You guys are all crazy. I was the first one to take my turn. I needed to spend an action moving my daily zone with me, but honestly I could be persuaded to abandon it and turn tail...

jbear

First Post
OOC: You got the green light to change your standard to a move and do just that. So Logan could in theory move up next to Kurnos and then be carried out of harms way.

Boris is the most likely to survive a a targeted attack from every skeleton in the room. Still a good chance of dying, but hey ... it's just a game.

BedLlama

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I have a nasty habit of staying silent when my opinion is indifference. I can see why we might want to fall back, but with so many enemy ranged attackers, I can also see the merits in a good 'ol glory charge.

"Are we running?" The enchanter asks hesitantly. "We're running aren't we?"

OOC: If we stick to the running away plan, Zaroch double moves West, and then North around the corner of the previous room, if possible. If we don't I'll post more combat oriented actions, but it isn't looking like we're leaning in that direction at the moment.

jbear

First Post
OOC: When I suggested flight, I was thinking that the ranged attackers could attack and withdraw, spend action points even to attack twice and withdraw. Or attack and double move. Dropping as many enemies as possible is important. I don't know Alek's powers but as a ranged striker I'm sure he can lay down some serious hurt when he wants to. These kind of situations are much easier to work out when you are at a table together, things get hard to coordinate when you are pbp. For example, knowing the exact distance to get into the other room and around the corner would be very useful. But I don't know if it is possible to add the other room to the google map?

Phoenix8008

First Post
I will rule that you'll need a grapple check if he doesn't let you (i.e. consider him an enemy) if he is willing, you automatically succeed on the attack, and need a high enough Str to drag his weight (If you don't, you can make a Str check). You need a move action to hold him and another to move out of the room. You can also burn AP at will.
OOC: Kurnos has 14 Strength, so can drag 700 pounds. Dragging Boris and his 90 something pounds of gear isn't a problem. Kurnos isn't a ranged fighter, so he can't attack and then run. He isn't going to leave Boris behind to be the lone target, and he would agree that getting back into the previous room and drawing them to us through the opening is the best thing strategically. Kurnos will attempt to grab Boris and drag him back to the room we came from or however far we can get. Kurnos will use his Dancing Cobra Movement power to get +2 movement during this dash (total 8). If there is enough movement left over and someone else like Zaroch or Alek wants, Kurnos can grab them and drag them further out of harms way also since Boris should only use up 300ish pounds of Kurnos' 700 pound dragable weight.

Just in case Boris tries to play the hero and doesn't want to allow Kurnos to do this, I will roll the grab check (Kurnos' Strength vs Boris' Reflex) but if Kurnos fails to grab him, he's staying behind as well. Won't leave him standing alone. 1d20+2=8 Failed the Grab check if it was needed. Up to Boris if he lets himself be grabbed up, or refuses and then Kurnos stops in his tracks.

Kurnos sees the odds stacked up against them, sees everyone retreating, and turns to see Boris standing resolutely like a statue after already moving forward towards their foes. He can't leave the man here alone. Falling back was the right move, but he would have to help Boris retreat. Maybe even force him. Turning to run back the way they came from, the minotaur aims to run by Boris. Holding out his arm he yells, "Take my hand so we can regroup!" Kurnos sees the mans eyes narrow as Boris debates the choice he has to make. Kurnos has made his choice though. They will all retreat, or Kurnos will stay as well.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Boris will decide once he can see where everyone else has ended up after their turn, including Logan. If Logan remains where he is and the rest of us have run away, he is going to be slaughtered.

If everyone else has managed to get more or less to the door, Boris will allow himself to be dragged to the door/passage at the very least. Any chnace of seeing how the other room connects to this one Voda?

Remove ads