• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC:
jbear said:
I can't figure out what you mean by adding damage as a formula sorry: 19 dmg (already had) +22 dmg (from TCO) = BS has taken 41 dmg total so far.
He means that if you click on the 'Total Damage' box for any creature then look up near the top of the page, there is a line for the formulas beside where it says "fx". Click on the 'Total Damage' for Skeletal Rock Thrower 3 for example and the 'formula line' shows "=10+12+19". The program then adds these together to make the total damage and automatically subtracts it from the total hp's to fill in the current hp's. This lets the DM see that it took 10 damage from one attack, 12 damage from another, and 19 damage from a third attack. This helps him keep track of who did what if there are any questions, problems, or retcons that need to happen. So if the blazing skeleton already had 19 damage before Boris hit it for 22 more, you should change the 'Total Damage' from "19" to "=19+22" instead of just changing it to "41".

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC:
He means that if you click on the 'Total Damage' box for any creature then look up near the top of the page, there is a line for the formulas beside where it says "fx". Click on the 'Total Damage' for Skeletal Rock Thrower 3 for example and the 'formula line' shows "=10+12+19". The program then adds these together to make the total damage and automatically subtracts it from the total hp's to fill in the current hp's. This lets the DM see that it took 10 damage from one attack, 12 damage from another, and 19 damage from a third attack. This helps him keep track of who did what if there are any questions, problems, or retcons that need to happen. So if the blazing skeleton already had 19 damage before Boris hit it for 22 more, you should change the 'Total Damage' from "19" to "=19+22" instead of just changing it to "41".

That is such a good explanation that I will add it to me posts so people can understand. Thanks!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurnos comes awake with a start, snorting dirt and dust as he realizes that he is lying face down in the passage with Ilse nealing next to him. Blood runs down his face and over his eyes as the world starts to go red for the minotaur. He starts to rise, huffing and puffing as he prepares to charge forward in a rage. He gets to one knee and jerks to a stop as he sees a vision of his master before him staring down in concern.

Kurnos' head droops in sadness and shame as he rocks back to a kneeling position instead of standing up. Slowing his breathing, he blocks out Boris' attack and the threat of the advancing undead. He whispers to himself words drilled into him by the Master: "Death before Dishonor." He would rather die here kneeling before the enemy than lose himself to the rage and anger again. He focused inward until mind, body, and soul were in harmony again. Opening his eyes again, Kurnos saw that nearly no time had passed. He stood to his full height, wiped the blood away from his eyes, and adopted a defensive stance in preparation for whatever attacks the enemy might launch his way. He quickly drinks his one healing potion down and feels immensely better.

[sblock=Actions/Stat Block]
Start=
Move= Stand up from prone.
Minor= Retrieve potion of healing
Standard= Drink potion of healing, use 1 healing surge, gain 10 hps.
Free=
End=
[sblock=Stat Block]Kurnos - Male Minotaur Monk 1
Conditions:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18
AC 18 (20 vs opportunity attacks provoked during a charge), Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP: 16/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 2/9, Temp HP: 0
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1/2, Second Wind: unused, Milestones: 1
:bmelee:Melee Basic Attack w/ Monk Unarmed Strike = +5/1d8+2
:branged:Ranged Basic Attack w/ Shuriken = +7/1d4+4
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Dancing Cobra
Centered Breath Flurry of Blows

Goring Charge
Open the Gate of Battle (Attack)
Open the Gate of Battle (Move) - USED

Masterful Spiral - USED

Current Effects:
Bad Dreams (-1 on all checks involving undead)
Used his one healing potion[/sblock][/sblock]
OOC: I assume being knocked out ends the Masterful Spiral stance he had going on. I don't have my books to double check though.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Thank you Phoenix] Thank you! At last! I understood why Voda wanted us to do it, I just simply had no idea how do actually do it.

I think Voda may have assumed all of us know our way around programs like google docs, which in my case is untrue :)

I tried to xp you but ... alas ... I must spread it seems. Can someone please cover for me?

Okay, now with that information I will endeavour to add damage as requested!

Edit: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] I believe Ilse was out of healing powers so she used the 'heal' skill to allow you to use your Second WInd (on Ilse's turn), so you couldn't use it again on your turn.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: EEK. I didn't see that she had used my second wind for me. My mistake. In that case, I'll update my actions above. And you're welcome on the explanation.

Removed the second wind, but not sure if I can drink a healing potion or not. Is it assumed to be in backpack and require a move action to retrieve? I forget and don't have books with me. If anyone answers this, please also let me know how much a basic healing potion would heal.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Most people assume healing potions are accessible with a minor action. When you drink them you spend a surge but heal 10 hps no matter your surge value. [/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: so im here to post Alek's actions.....but for some reason i cant view the map only the stats? anyone else having this problem? I'll still preform an action of Alek and just aim for the blazing skeleton but i'd still like to know if im the only one with this map problem

Alek's skin begins to release a cool mist, and as he breaths he produces a frosty mist from his mouth. The mist quickly turns into a sharp piece of ice and flys at the flaming skeleton. Instead of hitting the skeleton though it sticks in the wall next to him.

[sblock=actions]Standard action to use Dragon Frost on blazing skeleton miss

cant move or anything so ill be staying put[/sblock]

Remove ads