Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Every manages to avoid the falling derby and the collapsing tunnels. The cave in doesn't catch Ilse thanks to the aid of her teammates.
The group gets disoriented for a moment but quickly find their way towards the room where Impo's tunnel is. As they approach, the right walls fall onto the corridor obstructing it. Zaroch makes a quick detour mentally, and the group darts to where he points out. The rumbling sound of the ceiling collapsing fills their ears!

Everyone passes! Another round of rolls please!

WEContact

First Post
Chambers hastily yanks Kurnos away from a sinkhole the minotaur had overlooked, quipping about minotaur's and their alleged proclivity for navigating labyrinths. He and Zaroch manage to keep the group on track, however, and though some of his leaps over obstacles are a little close for comfort, he manages to make it a little further without tripping up.

OOC: Group Aid Anothers DC 12:
Kurnos, Perception 11
Zaroch, History
Chambers, Perception 25

Group Aid Another so far: +4

Chambers Round 3 Athletics Check (-4 extra items): 18, PASS

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: A failed aid check results in a -1. Kurnos failed so it looks like we are at +3 this round. Chambers still makes it with 17 in any case.

Edit: I stand corrected. Ignore me!

As the group charges through the mine Boris begins chanting the Legioneer's Verse in a loud rhythmical tone that instils courage and determination in those who hear it. The battle song inspires the warlock knight, his body automatically dropping back into the rhythm instilled in him from the long years of excruciating training. If he could survive that, this mine was not going to claim him.

Group Aid DC 12: Diplomacy 15=Success
Endurance DC 16: Natural 20 (24 total not including any bonus)=Success

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
5) My character has training in one of those main skills giving him +7 endurance; No other skills make sense in helping out this bonus.
You can use whatever skill to aid yourself or the party, just be creative and you can get a free +2 bonus, there is no penalty for a failed aid roll. I forgot to add this to the skill challenge description, but if you want to aid the whole party, increase the DC from 10 to 12.
OOC: For this particular skill challenge at least, there's no penalty for a failed aid check.

Ilse trips up over a large crack that had opened in the floor, but her comrades catch her as she falls. She continues onward without much time lost.

"Not bad, Boris! What do you say you sing for us again in the tavern when we get out of here?"

OOC: True to form, Ilse crits her diplomacy and nearly misses the athletics. The aid another bonuses are certainly saving Ilse here. Hooray for her big, strong allies!

Group aid: Diplomacy 30 succeeds. (1d20+10=30)

Main roll 3: Athletics 16 succeeds, assuming 1 aid another failure this round. (1d20+5+6 aid=16)

Voda Vosa

First Post
The party continues to dodge rocks as if they were on the ultimate dodge ball contest. A few corridors and rooms, and the tunnel that the minotaur dig should be within reach... But the mine has one last surprise, and starts raining sand on our heroes! The finer sediments filters through the cracks and threat to bury them alive!

Last set of rolls everyone!

WEContact

First Post
Thinking fast, Chambers intuits a plan to deal with the onrushing sand. He lets Kurnos lead the group, and shouts, "Look for sinkholes, cracks! The sand won't start gettin' deep near those 'til they're full, so we'll have a few more seconds o' bein able to run unimpeded! Memorize a path up there and I'll blaze a trail back here!" With fierce concentration he examines the tunnel, looking for a navigable path that stays close to sinks where the sand would flow. He guides the rest of the party along this path, hoping the extra seconds he bought would be enough.

OOC: Group Aid Anothers DC 12:
Kurnos, Perception 12
Zaroch, History
Chambers, Perception 16

Group Aid Another so far: +6

Chambers Final Round Athletics Check (-4, extra items): 24, PASS!! We made it guys!

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Boris continues with sporadic chants to boost morale as they continue to race through the mine. His voice is somewhat dampened by the sand but his body is pumped and showing no sign of slowing. [sblock=Rolls]Diplomacy Group Aid 16
Endurance 21
Aid not needed

Are we calling a stop at 4 successes are we?
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Ilse yells that she can see the exit to the group, but in doing so, she catches a mouthful of sand and falls to the ground in a coughing fit. After she picks herself up, she continues running without noticing that she dropped one of her treasures.

OOC: Group aid: Diplomacy 12 succeeds (1d20+10=12)
Main roll 4: Athletics 13 fails (1d20+5+6=13)

Remove ads