• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Underneath the Undeath [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: ?]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] CS responses are not a very reliable source of rulings to be honest. I know that sounds lame ... but I guess they earned themselves that rep.

But okay. Not something I would ever ever pay any attention to in my own game. But its not my game so I will humbly direct the question to our fair DM's ruling and quietly accept any decision he may make on the matter.

Tries to bite tongue and not derail the thread any longer .... fails:
If they wanted the power to work in that manner they should have made it a free action (or an immediate reaction if they wanted to limit the amount of times you could do it in a round). [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The last attack takes Kurnos from 3 HP to -3 HP, so Ferocity will trigger only if this attack hits. If the ability would interrupt this attack, it would have never trigger in the first place (Kurnos would still be at 3 HP, thus unable to trigger Ferocity). A different scenario would be if a previous attack would have brought him to less than 0, then his attack would prevent the second attack from landing a (potentially deadly) blow. Otherwise, as long as he hits, he gets infinite retaliations against all melee attacks that would bring him down to 0 hp. I think that's a bit too much. I do understand that its an imm. interrupt, but my interpretation is that it is because you need to be conscious to make a counter attack, and you need an attack to counter, also.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I was the first one to post a turn in this round.
Yikes, wrong game. I was thinking of my wizard character in a different game.

BedLlama

First Post
Still gasping for air, the enchanter pokes his head over rubble just in time to see an opening. With every ounce of energy he has, he slides down the debris and runs full tilt towards the remaining skeletons. Studying the burning one intently, Zaroch sends out threads of arcane energy to animate the shadows surrounding his foes. The shadows claw and rake, snapping bones and hindering the undead foes.

OOC: sorry, last week was crazy

Move: F10 to K7
Action Point Move: K7 to L7
Minor: Use Vulnerability vs Burning Skeleton Use Vulnerability vs. Blazing Skeleton (religion check) (1d20+5=15). Likely beats the hard DC, but not by more than 4, so no effect. If it does not beat the hard DC, half the damage vs. this enemy.
Standard: Grasping Shadows centered on V6
+5 vs Will, vs. Blazing Skeleton, Rock Thrower 1, 2, and 3 respectively. (1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=15) That's four hits. W00t! All are slowed until end of my next turn.
Psychic Damage for Grasping Shadows (2d8+5=19)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Seeing most of its undead allies fall, the skeleton rock thrower in front of Boris steels itself for the incoming onslaught, while the other skeletons attack the warlock. Only one rock manages to draw blood from the stalwart warrior.

[sblock=Mining problems]

Heroes are up

Please, whoever put the total damage on the enemies as a whole number, remember I want you to add it like in a formula (=X1+X2+X3) Otherwise I can't track individual damage.
What do I mean with that? Let Phoenix8008 explain it to you:
Phoenix8008 said:
He means that if you click on the 'Total Damage' box for any creature then look up near the top of the page, there is a line for the formulas beside where it says "fx". Click on the 'Total Damage' for Skeletal Rock Thrower 3 for example and the 'formula line' shows "=10+12+19". The program then adds these together to make the total damage and automatically subtracts it from the total hp's to fill in the current hp's. This lets the DM see that it took 10 damage from one attack, 12 damage from another, and 19 damage from a third attack. This helps him keep track of who did what if there are any questions, problems, or retcons that need to happen. So if the blazing skeleton already had 19 damage before Boris hit it for 22 more, you should change the 'Total Damage' from "19" to "=19+22" instead of just changing it to "41".

MAP and COMBAT Mining problems!! sheet contains the map and references are found scrolling down a bit.

Monsters' actions

All skeletons attack Kurnos and alex:
The monk gets an AoO due to his reach: miss
SR 1 enters total defence.

SR 2-3: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948410/ one hits Boris for 7, reduced to 6.

Blazing skeleton attacks Boris and misses

Questions? Doubts? How are you feeling so far?
I'll have the annoying habit of mentioning all of you in combat situation: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] [MENTION=6698492]BedLlama[/MENTION] [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] [MENTION=92704]Grimmjow[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Chambers doesn't raise his dagger. Instead he whistles shrilly, and his horde of fey bats pour into the tunnel, swarming the remaining undead.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Sustain Swarming Bats
Move: Move Swarming Bats 4 squares west
Move: Move Swarming Bats 4 squares west
Result: all enemies are in Swarming Bats zone (difficult terrain, enemies in the zone grant CA)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Logan Chambers - Male Human Seeker|Ranger 1
Initiative: 24, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:16
HP: 5/22 Bloodied: 11 Surge value: 5 Surges/day: 4/6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4
Powers:Clever Shot, Tidal Spirit Shot, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Fox's Cunning, Inevitable Shot, Surprise Strike, Swarming Bats, Spirits' Rebuke[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Now that the skeletons near Kurnos have been reduced to bonemeal, Ilse rushes to the minotaur's aid. She kneels besides him and cradles his horned head in her arms. Then, she soothingly whispers into his ear, "Wake up..." Her words must have some sort of supernatural effect, because Kurnos immediately begins to stir...

[sblock=Ilse actions / stats]Move: Walk to P6.

Standard: Use Heal to activate Kurnos's second wind succeeds handily with a 24. Kurnos is at 6/24 hp. (1d20+5=24)

PC:Ilse (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Tiefling, 1 Ardent
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16, Resist 5 fire, Speed:6
HP:19/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/10
Initiative +0
Power Points: 0/2, Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +3 vs AC, 2d4+1
RBA: +3 vs AC, 1d4, range 5/10
Energizing Strike, Demoralizing Strike
Ardent Outrage, Ardent Surge x2, Infernal Wrath, Second Wind, Takedown Strike
Battleborn Acuity

Combat notes
+1 attack rolls vs bloodied foes
+3 damage rolls on OAs for Ilse and allies within 5 squares
+2 diplomacy and intimidate for allies within 5 squares.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
As the the bat swarm fills the passage and the battle finally seems to swing in the party's favour, Boris growls and strikes out at the skeleton before him cutting through its defenses with his eldritch blade. and tossing it to the floor, nothing more than a pile of shattered bones. The dark aura that held it together is sucked into Boris' helm, lighting another of his emerald gems with its eerie glow. "Burn in the light!" Boris curses at the blazing skeleton as a blazing star of light streaks from his blade cutting through the flames of his foe.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs SR1
20 vs AC=Hits 14 dmg + 1 radiant dmg +5 vulnerability = 20 dmg
SR1 is destroyed
Free: Capture Soul
Minor: Curse Blazing Skeleton
Minor: Sustain Blazing Starfall atk vs Blazing Skeleton
Crits! 4 + MAX Curse dmg=6 +MAX Bless dmg=6 Radiant + Vulnerability 5 +Crit dmg (1d6=1)= Total 22 dmg!!! Boom!!!

I can't figure out what you mean by adding damage as a formula sorry: 19 dmg (already had) +22 dmg (from TCO) = BS has taken 41 dmg total so far.

NB: TCO had 2 THPs from last round so I will take that from the damage he received from rock throwers.
[/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:20, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:17, Speed:5
HP: (+0 THP) 33/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Conditions:
Buffs: Bless Weapon: +1 power bonus to atks & +1d6 radiant dmg; crits 18-20 til end of encounter

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage (+1d6 dmg if cursed)

Divine Challenge:

Divine Sanction:
Warlock's Curse:
BS
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 5/7

Blade of Crimson: USED
Valorous Smite:
Otherwind Stride: USED
Helm of Seven Deaths: USED
Second Wind

Crown of Stars: USED; Active
Bless Weapon: ACTIVE
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 0/1:
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Remove ads