• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Unearthed Arcana Playtest Packet 6 Video

I'm disappointed about the Bard subclass progression already, as they stand to lose a level of subclass features by going back.
I always saw magical secrets as level 10 subclass feature. It was always that flexible.

Lets see if it returns or if we just get some bardy: chose some extra magic or martial or skill stuff.

mellored

Legend
I have reservations about weapon mastery being an at-will that is poachable at level 1 but presumably there would be little point in martial classes taking more than one via multiclassing. It might be more about other classes taking a dip to get it. It might work out OK if it starts small and gets a level up later on.
A big part of weapon mastery is to make the weapons feel different.

Though... if rogues got Nick and Vex, and Paladins got Sap and Slow, that would also make them feel different.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
For the feedback for a huge UA, I prefer each section has its own survey to fill out.

The size of the last survey was daunting, when trying to fill it out, carefully, comprehensively, and precisely.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I wonder if they'll go back and give Fighter anything of their own, now that everyone gets weapon masteries.
Well, they do have the unique ability to change which Mastery a weapon they use grants, and to apply multiple masteries on one weapon. So, continuing the trend of fighters’ shtick being “the same things everyone else can do, but better.” Which personally, I’m ok with. Isn’t “the same things everyone else can do, but better” the fantasy of the exceptional mundane character in a nutshell?
Sounds like next up is finally a hefty playtest packet.
Yeah, they said the last one was the biggest UA to date, and that this one will break that record again.

Remove ads