• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Unearthed Arcana Playtest Packet 6 Video

Pauln6

Hero
I have reservations about weapon mastery being an at-will that is poachable at level 1 but presumably there would be little point in martial classes taking more than one via multiclassing. It might be more about other classes taking a dip to get it. It might work out OK if it starts small and gets a level up later on.

HammerMan

Legend
Also of note is that the new defining feature of certain classes is not worth it for any actual caster to dip into.
Not really I already see hexblades and blade singers grab 2 levels of fighter for action surge the mastery though will be a nice pure upgrade.
In fact in my resent games I have seen 3 diffrent casters take 3 levels of fighter and eldritch knight since they get a spell caster level back and 3d10hp is nice and they were already dipping for surge.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
I liked the UA exhaustion mechanic. It was useful for situations that inflicted stress, including a persistent injury.

If they spin the exhaustion mechanic as part of a lingering wound system, that can happen if reaching 0 hit points, perhaps it will fair better?

Remove ads