• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unfinished ideas.

Frog Slime

First Post
A couple of ideas I've had, but never got around to finishing.

Dragonscale Golem
A golem made of various parts of dragons (Not just scales), whose abilities derived from whatever dragon type it came from.

Shipwrecker- a prestige class for aquatic humanoids. I actually finished quite a bit, but couldn't think of any special abilities.

Swarm wraith- an undead creature that manifests itself in the world of the living as a swarm of biting flies. I ran into too many complications on this one.

Ammianus

First Post
For the Shipwrecker prestige class, how about a supernatural ability akin to Warp Wood, usable x number of times per day?

I love the Swarm Wraith idea; it sounds like one of those good let's-creep-out-the-players monsters. I don't have my books handy right now, or I'd maybe be able to give more concrete suggestions on designing such a beast, but the premise is very cool.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Frog Slime said:
A couple of ideas I've had, but never got around to finishing.

Dragonscale Golem
A golem made of various parts of dragons (Not just scales), whose abilities derived from whatever dragon type it came from.

Shipwrecker- a prestige class for aquatic humanoids. I actually finished quite a bit, but couldn't think of any special abilities.

Swarm wraith- an undead creature that manifests itself in the world of the living as a swarm of biting flies. I ran into too many complications on this one.

Wow...that Dragonscale Golem has given me an wild idea.

How about a template for Flesh Golems that give them different powers based on the monster flesh used to create them?

The base flesh golem uses humanoid parts...but what about a flesh golem that uses dragon parts? Vermin parts?

My dear FrogSlime you have gotten my gears turning...Ill see what I can churn out...

Frog Slime

First Post
Well, Ammianus, I was kind of leaning this prestige class toward Sahuagin, so I kind of stayed away from a class that uses magical abilities.

This is what I have so far:

Shipwrecker
Prestige class for aquatic humanoids.

Hit Dice: d10

Requirements
Race: Aquatic Humanoid
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Climb: 6 ranks
Disable Device: 2 ranks
Feats: Track, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes

Class Skills
The shipwrecker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are
Climb (Str), Disable Device (Int), Intuit Direction (Wis), Jump (Str),
Search (Int), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex). See Chapter 4 in the
Player's Handbook for skill descriptions.

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

As for class abilities, I had increased swim speed and a bonus to climb checks every other three levels.

And Erica... uh, I don't even want to think of how complicated such a template would be. I ran into enough problems just coming up with differant abilities depending on dragon type.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads