• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

unfortunately not Finally settled, sunder and attacks of opp

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
bestone said:
i dont want an example, i want a rule that states this

So if you can't find one, does the text of Wish provide an alternate route for altering reality, other than casting the spell?

-Hyp.

Seeten

First Post
But he HAS proved his claim, at least 40 times so far.

You on the other hand, have not only not proved your claim, you've driven people over to Hypersmurf's side.

But keep going, I'm still chuckling from this morning, and your post count is going up.

bestone

First Post
You think he has proven his claim

I need rules proof. I dont think thats illogical?

So if you can't find one, does the text of Wish provide an alternate route for altering reality, other than casting the spell?

No, i never said that, And it wouldnt be me that needs to find one, you need to find one to prove your claim.

At least under spells there is a noting on the descriptive text

Quoted - This portion of a spell description details what the spell does and how it works.

This is a portion of the spell. You need to cast the spell to have this part of the spell take effect. -- I see where you derrive your logic, and im not saying its wrong

I just want to know how you use rules to justify the way this works for standard actions, and not spells.

Sithobi1

First Post
This is a portion of the [special attack]. You need to [use the special attack] to have this part of the [special attack] take effect.

bestone

First Post
Seeten said:
But he HAS proved his claim, at least 40 times so far.

You on the other hand, have not only not proved your claim, you've driven people over to Hypersmurf's side.

But keep going, I'm still chuckling from this morning, and your post count is going up.

Thank you, at the very least, if i've driven people to hyp's side then this issue is being slowly resolved is it not?

By having this long debate, people who might not have previously agree'd are now doing so.

And thank you for laughing at me, i know you dont agree with my pov, or my logic, or my opinions, and your statement just makes me feel oh so gooey right now.

bestone

First Post
Sithobi1 said:
This is a portion of the [special attack]. You need to [use the special attack] to have this part of the [special attack] take effect.

Where does it state this in the rulebook, page # please?

If this was as written, i have no argument

bestone

First Post
jeesh, you all attack me, and make statements on how things work

But not a one of you has quoted an actual rule to prove your pov.

bestone

First Post
Look, i obviously cant win with you guys.

You are too stubborn to admit you cant find a rule that proves your claim.

You do make assumptions on how you think it works, but dont provide a rule.

When you provide a rule i will agree with you.

Untill you provide a rule, i wont say that your wrong, but i dont agree that your right

(this may be in contrary to a previous post, but i've had my mind changed on the subject)

This matter will remain unresolved with me, you will not have convinced me that you've actually made a point with rules proof that states your pov.

The simple fact of you quoting no rules to back you up, whether or not i believe your
pov to be true, adds discredit to your pov.

Seeten

First Post
The funniest part is, I dont need you to agree with me.

Dammit, _______. Not everyone believes what you believe.
_______: My beliefs do not require them to.

Bonus points for the quote.

My game doesnt change based on what you, or anyone else on this thread believes, nor do I find it earthshattering if played either way. The rules need to be understood, before specific citations make sense.

And last, I never said I was laughing at you. I've been laughing at this entire thread. As though the 34th thread on sunder was gonna go someplace new? LOL.

demadog

Explorer
The table is correct. Sunder is a standard action, but that in no way precludes it from being used as an AoO. The rules for AoOs do not say say that they are not standard actions, only that it can be used as a single melee attack. In fact, a single melee attack is in itself a standard action. So in effect, an AoO gives a standard action (perhaps more than one to those with combat reflexes), but that action is limited to a single melee attack. Sunder is a sinlge melee attack, wether its a standard action or not is irrelevent.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads