• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Unused Content 3rd poll

Have you taken Weapon Master, Moderately, Heavily or Lightly Armored, or Dungeon Delver feats?

• Yes, and I had a positive experience.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Yes, and I had a negative experience.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • No, I have not used any of these.

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Poll closed .

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
In 5E, in actual play, have you used any of these at all during the time that they have been published options? I will be posting several polls separately to get a feel for what people are actually doing.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Ok, you are going to find a big issue with some of your polls if you mix things:

Weapon Master is stupid. (No one's used it because we know it is very bad.)

MHL Armored should be a single feat--three separate feats is bad. Now, MAM and HAM have both been used extensively.

Dungeon Devler was taken once and was very positive.

So, how do I vote? Two bad and one good? Only one actually used.

Dausuul

Legend
Moderately Armored serves my warlock surprisingly well. Between the shield and half plate, it's worth five points of AC. (Or, depending on how you measure, four points of AC and two points of Constitution.)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
My warlock also took the Moderately Armored feat, in order to get a breastplate and shield proficiency. Much better than multiclassing with Fighter.

Also had a very good experience with the Dungeon Delver feat (for my shadar-ki rogue).

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I've seen the armor ones taken occasionally & dr3(?)/- or whatever it is that heavy armor master gives isn;t bad for some builds. The others are trasj\h

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
The Armor feats are okay-ish. I love MA on a swashbuckler, with their taunt feature they play like a MMO tank. If your stats are already maxed out, you could take light armors for your casters or heavy armor for valor bard and such.

Dungeon Delver is a must have everytime I played a classic Thief in various dungeon-focused adventure.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Weapon Master I've never seen anyone take or talk about contemplate taking.

Various armor feats I've seem. Medium Armor the most, but I've also seen a vHuman take Heavy Armor so they could dump stat DEX.

Dungeon Delver is an interesting feat, and would see some use in a the right type of campaign.

Remove ads