• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Unusual Traffic" BS

Morlock

Banned
Banned
Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network

Then you have to jump through a captcha hoop. Which is when I close the tab and go to Bing.

Anyone else getting this BS lately from the search engine that's been returning fewer and fewer good results over the last few years?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I did have some stuff showing its goofy head, but after several scans and cleanings I haven't seen hyde nor hare of trubble

Then you have to jump through a captcha hoop. Which is when I close the tab and go to Bing.

Anyone else getting this BS lately from the search engine that's been returning fewer and fewer good results over the last few years?

My work computer has been doing this for the last month or so with Google. Not sure what happened to cause it. I highly doubt it is a virus in my case as the system is fairly locked down in what you can install without admin rights.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
My work computer has been doing this for the last month or so with Google. Not sure what happened to cause it. I highly doubt it is a virus in my case as the system is fairly locked down in what you can install without admin rights.
unless your company has picked up a virus . . . . .

Morlock

Banned
Banned
I'm the last guy in the developed world on dialup. I keep the Task Manager window open to the Networking tab so I can ruthlessly police non-me bandwidth usage. If I'm not using bandwidth and the monitor isn't flatlined, it's pretty noticeable (admittedly I only look at it sporadically if I'm not having more connection problems than usual, but if there was something hinky going on, I think I'd have seen it occasionally). If someone's "using" my bandwidth, I pity them.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I encounter this error every couple years while I'm making multiple searches in a very short timespan - generally with very similar (but not quite identical) search terms. It then asks me to prove that I'm a person rather than a bot. Too fast, too furious for Google, I suppose. :p On the plus side, at least it doesn't ask me to do a Voight-Kampff test.

Remove ads