• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Upcoming Adventure Review

Satin Knights

First Post
No, If we add Bandolin Grimblade and Samwyth, it is up to 20 characters waiting.
Please, Please something high level. Arianna has been sitting still for six months now. Let a newbie judge take on the newbie characters.

And here is a shout out to everyone else. If you are not a judge, Deuce Traveler or SS21, consider stepping up and running an adventure as the GM. Right now we have the same seven guys running multiple games. Well, we need more GMs. We have 20 waiting characters, which is four to five new games that could start immediately. What do ya get?

* You get to be the evil guy. In fact, you get to be all of them, and maybe the damsel in distress too.
* GM credits allow you to have a third character.
* GM credits allow you to fast track your character and gain extra levels.

How hard is it? Not. You have to spend extra time drawing the maps and tracking what the characters are doing. MapTool makes mapping easy. It might be a half hour a day instead of 10 minutes a day. You determine the pace of the game, so that is controlled by you as well.

But what do I run? Grab a PFS module and use it as an outline. Grab one of the hundreds of 3.5 modules that are available on the net. Or simply outline a situation, pick X monsters of CR 1/2, Y of CR 1 and one Big Bad Evil Guy that is CR 3 or so. Draw a map, space out 3-4 encounters, and let it rip! XP and treasure are flat rate and fixed, so you don't have to worry too much about balancing games. Write it all down in a page or two and submit the adventure proposal to the judges. We will edit and make suggestions. Then, you are off and running.

Seriously, step up. We will show you the ropes and guide you along the way.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'll see if I can put something together - probably an adapted published adventure. When I get home this evening I'll look at available characters and see what I can come up with.

jackslate45

First Post
For what it'sworth, here are the counts:

6 Level 1's
1 Level 2
9 Level 3
1 Level 4
1 Level 5
1 Level 6

I will have to wait for the weekend to start planning something, as I am out of town away from all my books, but i might be able to get a game for the higher levels. (the level 4+'s, and maybe 1 or two of the level 3's)

EDIT: Just realized SK has level 4 and 5, and SS21 has 2 of the level 3's, and I have one of the level 3's. Since they obviuosly can't send both of them to the same adventure,. I'll build it for a level 4 party, and that way more level 3's can go.

Also, of those 18, how many of them are still active posters? Haven't seen anything from Kinem/SelcSilverhand/Ppssum for a while.

Finally, Tyrion may be getting reitred. Not sure yet, but might replace him with a guide-trapfinding ranger.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
If everyone in the DWI category on the wiki (+those two others) is still waiting and haven't taken off elsewhere from the wait, we have enough for the following groups:

1) 5 x 1st levels
2) 3 x 1st levels + 2nd level
3) 5 x 3rd levels
4) 3 x 3rd levels + 4th level
5) 5th level + 6th level

edit: D'oh! Ninja'd. Guess that's what I get for starting a post then going off and doing something else before submitting it. That is, imo, the ideal split of available PCs for groups.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I've got a couple of things that might be suitable for the 5th & 6th, but they could be . . . challenging. I'll look at them when I get home, and maybe seek some feedback from the respective players. Might toss the 4th level into the mix as well.

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, doing some profile peeking, SecSilverhand, Possom and Kinem have all been on eNworld in the last week. They have just been off playing in other realms. Possom and Kinem were in Waking the Dead until it finished in January.

DaisyGeoffreyWilliams hasn't logged in since Christmas, so it looks like her Cassandra has been abandoned. I just could force myself to approve a character that was incapable of doing lethal damage, so no tactical loss there. The tarot reader has left the inn.

To add to the mix, I have 3 second levels that are in Wreck Ashore. Unless I extend things, they are finishing up this week. So, that makes 7 first levels and 3.5 second levels. Soulnova has 2 of the second level characters.

Satin Knights

First Post
Problem is, the 4th & 5th level characters are both Satin Knights' characters.

Tasanto can at least play down with a group of threes. We have enough of them that a game should focus there first.

Arianna and Heinrich are kind of sitting on an island until Greener in the Grass or Darkness Rising finishes. The latter is going to be about four months because I run a bit fast for games. I know I griped. But I also know that unless they are shoe horned into an active game, those two characters are stuck right now. A game of two turns into a TPK if someone fails a SoS spell.

Just getting one of my characters in a game is fine for now. Kalgor is stalled because jkason is overloaded IRL, but we will eventually finish out this last battle. A turn per week is so slow.

GlassEye

Adventurer
So basically you are doing all this work approving new characters and you aren't really getting the chance to play? You are more patient than I; I would've griped a long time ago, I think.

Greener is the Grass has a few more encounters/scenes (3 combat, 1 rp) before it ends. I could probably work Heinrich into Greener is the Grass but can't because Scott de War's other character, Vincenzo, is a member of that group. I think I would have a really hard time coming up with a reason for a mermaid to be in the grasslands of the Pell near the Seithr mountain foothills. Information recently discovered by one of the characters could lead to an extension of the adventure should the players want to do so. But again, that would leave out Heinrich and I would be hard pressed to reasonably bring in Arianna.

I do have an adventure that I was planning for Qik in Sumbru. I think it was about half finished when Qik took his leave of absence. I'll dust it off and see if I can finish it quickly for some 3rd to 4th levels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads