• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Upcoming Adventure Review

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ok, I can put together a proposal for something in the next few days, but I'll need help with the math. I'm not so great at crunching the numbers XP and GP wise, but I can spin a pretty decent yarn. I'll shoot for something involving levels 1-2.

Systole

First Post
Cavernous Hode is not going to be active while I run two games. Playing two and running two is about as much as I can handle.

I can take up to 6 in Tower of Power. 4-5 would be preferred, though. @GlassEye If Greener in the Grass is getting close to finishing, then I could conceivably start GMing a 3rd adventure now and park Sylla afterward. A week or two of 5 games won't kill me.

Satin Knights

First Post
How do you dictate which characters go? I would only presume by those waiting the longest?
An NPC enters the DWI and posts a recruiting poster, or makes a speech, or generally gathers some people together. He then goes to one of the back rooms of the DWI and waits to see who follows him in to get a job. Some people may not be interested due to the "speech" description not being interesting, (city intrigue, dungeon crawl, political investigation). For the most part, it becomes, first come, first served as to who makes it into the back room. In general we are accommodating. I have run an adventure with seven characters just so someone was not left behind waiting for a couple months for the next game. Occasionally, the GM will declare one or two of the slots in a game is reserved for someone, usually because the adventure storyline contains elements from that character's background. I did that with Wreck Ashore, then the character went AWOL on me. <grumble grumble> Favored player/gm interactions are fine too. Reserving for a "group that works well together" is fine. So, the real answer is, it varies.

Occasionally, player or character personalities clash, so someone will skip an adventure rather than squabble and bicker through the game. I have skipped a game for that reason. We aim to avoid those situations, because people have seen that, me, in my judge capacity, I am not gentle in fixing those problems. There were a few problems. I stomped hard. Things have been quite since. Any of the seven judges has that power to "just solve the situation."

Systole

First Post
Because there are a TON of level 1s, I'm doing it a little differently in order to (hopefully) ensure as much fairness as possible. So, about 80% of what SK just wrote is wrong.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
...GlassEye If Greener in the Grass is getting close to finishing, then I could conceivably start GMing a 3rd adventure now and park Sylla afterward. A week or two of 5 games won't kill me.

I think we have more than two weeks left to go. I could be wrong and it may end up shorter but I doubt it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
How do you dictate which characters go? I would only presume by those waiting the longest?
. . . and other comments and questions . . . . .

First, let me say that you new folk asking these questions is a very good thing. I am pretty sure that the on sight dms and judges appreciate this.

second I wish to mention that some of the reasons peoples disappearing includes but is not limited to:

1. swarm of ancient olde wyrm real life dragons - this monster encounter just can't be helped. It is of good form to get on line and make mention, or contact another person you have a connection with if you cannot get on line here, as Qik did with Parrin Miller.

2. Coma - literally the truth. Was not fun, But a real life real friend was able to speak on my behalf.

3. Just disappearing into thin air - This happens the most and is the worse thing to do to a dm. On line or table top, either one. On behalf of those who dm, please do not do this.

Remove ads