• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Upcoming Warhammer 40K Roleplaying Book. Thoughts?

Ulric

First Post
The new Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying book is about to come out. I downloaded the demo "Shattered Hope" and I really liked it. They sold 200 Collectors Editions of the book and they sold out in 6 minutes. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting this. Here are some links to some pics:

http://www.blackindustries.com/?template=40K&content=40K-dh-rulebook-ce

P.S. And "You're welcome" Black Industries. Not like you really need any advertising help from me.

Ulric said:
The new Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying book is about to come out. I downloaded the demo "Shattered Hope" and I really liked it. They sold 200 Collectors Editions of the book and they sold out in 6 minutes. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting this. Here are some links to some pics:

http://www.blackindustries.com/?template=40K&content=40K-dh-rulebook-ce

P.S. And "You're welcome" Black Industries. Not like you really need any advertising help from me.

I had a chance to play this at GenCon and honestly it excited me about the system a bit more than I thought it would. I am playing in a campaign in the spring.

Besides it is a GR product which makes me even more excited about it.

Hawklord

First Post
Ulric said:
The new Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying book is about to come out. I downloaded the demo "Shattered Hope" and I really liked it. They sold 200 Collectors Editions of the book and they sold out in 6 minutes. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting this.

I'm really looking forward to this. Even dusted off some old Warhammer figs and got my paints out again !!!

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I'm excited about the release. I ran the demo a few months back for some of my gaming mates and the results were mixed but I think that was more down to the choice of demo adventure.

I don't like what I've heard about the system. Plus the wargame is up to... what 4th or 5th edition? Seems like every new version that comes out has a bunch of retcons changing the background/fluff. Another year or two and the rpg and tabletop will diverge, and then you'll get arguments about what's "really" canon. Blech.

Plus, I'm a green skin through and through. The little bit I've heard is that green skins (and all other non-humans) need not apply. Beakie only club. *sigh*

I'll just stick with my Rogue Trader book and call it good. :D

Mechnomancer

First Post
Is there a sort of primer for WH40K. I get the basics of the game, but am unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the setting. I plan to buy the book, but i am affraid it will be presented with certain aspects expected to be understood.

Remove ads