[UPDATE] 3D-Printing The Monster Manual

This is rather impressive. Miguel Zavala has been 3D printing the monster from the D&d 5th Edition Monster Manual. As he says, "I love printing miniatures for my D&D game. I used to be a art major way back who modeled regularly. Now its just a fun hobby." He has dozens of them, including driders, Tiamat, flumphs, owlbears, even The Dread Gazebo! UPDATE: WotC has apparently sent a C&D to Miguel, who has removed the designs and left a note saying "Oh well. It was a fun ride :)"

This is rather impressive. Miguel Zavala has been 3D printing the monster from the D&d 5th Edition Monster Manual. As he says, "I love printing miniatures for my D&D game. I used to be a art major way back who modeled regularly. Now its just a fun hobby." He has dozens of them, including driders, Tiamat, flumphs, owlbears, even The Dread Gazebo! UPDATE: WotC has apparently sent a C&D to Miguel, who has removed the designs and left a note saying "Oh well. It was a fun ride :)"

For the full gallery, click here. You can download the designs yourself.

Drider_preview_featured.jpg

Drider

Cloaker_preview_featured.jpg

Cloaker

Erinyes_preview_featured.jpg

Erinyes

Dracolich_preview_featured.jpg

Dracolich

Displacer_Beast_preview_featured.jpg

Displacer Beast

View attachment 67917
Dread Gazebo

Issuing a DMCA takedown notice seems an odd way of starting a "could you do that on Shapeways instead?" conversation, especially if that was their intent all along.
That's communicating with WotC in a nutshell. Their policy is C+D first and have reasonable conversations second, if the C+D person opts to.
We've seen this a couple of times, such as with the D&D apps, where there is an aggressive C+D followed by reasonable conversation that amounts to WotC requesting only the Basic rules be included.

WotC could drastically change how they're viewed if they started with an e-mail of terms then escalate if needed.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's communicating with WotC in a nutshell. Their policy is C+D first and have reasonable conversations second, if the C+D person opts to.

A C&D is just a letter. A takedown notice is an action. These are different things.

WotC could drastically change how they're viewed if they started with an e-mail of terms then escalate if needed.

That's what a C&D is, albeit a deliberately stern version of such.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads