• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Update: Amazon, PHB for $22.50~ (or MM $25.40~, DMG $25.40~), and $10 off when preordering the DMG, MM and something else together

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Only things in the book category. All the miniatures seem to be in the toys & games category.

Thanks. I see the other updates too. All good info and thanks for putting this thread together (and to SquareKnot and others for their contributions!). :)

Sonny

Adventurer
It's unusual for them to do a promotion like this on top of the usual low prices for books that have yet to be released. They must be getting quite a few cancellations. A few people I know had pre-ordered with them, then cancelled once they found out a local store was going to get them early. I did the same thing.

variant

Adventurer
It's unusual for them to do a promotion like this on top of the usual low prices for books that have yet to be released. They must be getting quite a few cancellations. A few people I know had pre-ordered with them, then cancelled once they found out a local store was going to get them early. I did the same thing.

This is just a general book promotion that also works with preordered items. It's on every book page you visit.

variant

Adventurer
The funny thing is, I had cancelled my PHB preorder a few days ago with the intent to just wait and see what was happening with the digital release. I was looking at the PHB Amazon page and thought that if only Amazon lowered it another 5% or 10%, I would preorder again... then I saw the deal.

Mercurius

Legend
So let me get this straight. I cancelled my pre-orders and then ordered again with the first code and got $10 off total, so $88.63 for the core three - or if we split it up evenly, the PHB for $26.63, the DMG and MM for $31 each. Is someone getting them for less? I don't understand the pricing in the thread title.

variant

Adventurer
So let me get this straight. I cancelled my pre-orders and then ordered again with the first code and got $10 off total, so $88.63 for the core three - or if we split it up evenly, the PHB for $26.63, the DMG and MM for $31 each. Is someone getting them for less? I don't understand the pricing in the thread title.

Don't read just the thread title, read the post.

SquareKnot

Explorer

Those prices in the title are for the purchase of a single book. Here is how the math works out:

1 Player's Handbook $29.97
1 Pocket Constitution $1.10 (Or whatever other cheap book you can find on the handy link provided by variant in the original post)
1 Pocket Constitution $1.10
------------------------------------
Price without discount $32.17
30% Savings (9.61)
Total Cost to you $22.56

The other books (MM, DMG) will be a little more, but you get the idea. Note that this math only works if you are buying a single book. If you buy all three, the costs are what you were quoting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads