• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[update] Clone Wars round-up on Saturday! (Mon 3/26)

Welverin said:
Yep, oddly though it still seems to be broken up into three minute chunks, the first two episodes in particular. Makes me wonder if they had planned on keeping the same format but ended up deciding to condense this volume for one reason or another.
They very well may have.

Its really great stuff, and I especially love how it ties in with the Labyrinth of Evil novel. The whole end of that book is exactly what we're seeing here. Grievous taking Palpatine, etc etc. If they keep following the same events, I really can't wait for tonight...it sure looked like they were on a 'train' in the preview, and if they are, that's even better.

Kaledor

First Post
Welverin said:
If by chance you don't have it yet, it's supposed to be $13 at Best Buy this week. Also, there's supposed to be a Ep3 preview on it as well.

So does anybody have the Clone Wars DVD?
Is it by chance ALL of the episodes (including the ones that just aired this week) or am I gonna have to by two DVDs?

Kaledor

First Post
Nevermind -- I got my answer by reading the Amazon.com listing.

Grr.... I was hoping against hope that they would package all of the episodes together - it just makes sense with the space avaible and how long the whole thing would run. You put them all together and you have a two hour show. Ah well. Guess I'm buying two discs.

John Crichton

First Post
Chapters 1-20 rocked.

Chapters 21-25: Maybe just as good. Either way, I do want more.

My favorite parts were Anakin's this time around. Last time around, his were less interesting than the other Jedi. They really went all out with the Vader mythos and I was geeking out the whole time. The Vader mask mini-reveal, the cybernetic hand/augmentation/mutation stuff was great as foreshadowing. His giving in to rage had a nice oomph to it similar to the Sand People slaughter in EpII.

Grevious, of course, was very cool. I am really interested to see/hear his live-action counterpart. The nods to the OT were also neat, "What an interesting smell you've discovered." And of course the Qui-Gon/Anakin cave scene was priceless.

More comments upon a second viewing to come...

Kaledor

First Post
John Crichton said:
And of course the Qui-Gon/Anakin cave scene was priceless.

I agree, I really liked the first 20 chapters -- especially the last two or three (Mace Windu's fight and the Anakin vs Sith Wanna-be [can't remember name]) Great Stuff. But I feel like this set of chapters was even better! I loved all the jedi fighting. My favorite line was in the last episode when one tooper says to the other basically, "Who's guarding our left flank?" And the reply, "The jedi" -- and it's just Yoda and Mace :) Very cool. I also liked how the look of the clone troopers is slowly changing so that their armor is becoming more stormtrooper-like.

I, though, had a problem with the cave scene you mentioned. Was it just Anakin having wishfull thinking that he had gotten to experience the cave with Qui-Gon? Was it a scene saying that had he experienced it with Qui-Gon things would've turned out better (ie no Vader)? Was Anakin just aprehensive of having to take the Jedi Tests someday...
B/c there's no way that he DID experience the cave when we see all of the events in Phantom play out the way they did. Normally Lucas is very straightforward with his storytelling (not to start a tangent), so it surprises me that he would have such an ambiguous moment in his "movies".

Kaledor

First Post
Oh... one other thought:

The race of "cat-people" we see in Chapters 20-25 (missed the name a few times). Are they the same creatures we get introduced to in the Timothy Zahn Heir to the Empire trilogy of books? The ones that are servants to Vader and his children.

If so I absolutely love it!
If not, well... they should be ;)

Welverin

First Post
Kaledor said:
The race of "cat-people" we see in Chapters 20-25 (missed the name a few times). Are they the same creatures we get introduced to in the Timothy Zahn Heir to the Empire trilogy of books? The ones that are servants to Vader and his children.

No they're not, the Noghri aren't actually cat people. They're not that tall either.

John Crichton said:
Grevious, of course, was very cool. I am really interested to see/hear his live-action counterpart.

I don't know, with there likely being no John DiMaggio (voice of Bender, Flexo, and others), he won't be half as cool.

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Its really great stuff, and I especially love how it ties in with the Labyrinth of Evil novel. >snip<

Argh, I haven't read that on eyet! Of course I'll probably forget all of that by the time I do, so it's not like it matters.

ssampier

First Post
Welverin said:
If by chance you don't have it yet, it's supposed to be $13 at Best Buy this week. Also, there's supposed to be a Ep3 preview on it as well.

I got it, it's great. I rarely check out "bonus features", but I need to check that out.

I think I paid about $13 on Amazon. My geek mode took over and I figured it was > $20 what the hay? :p

Welverin

First Post
ssampier said:
I got it, it's great. I rarely check out "bonus features", but I need to check that out.

Unfortunately it was just the teaser trailer, stupid Best Buy. I would have liked something similar to waht was on the SW Trilogy Boxed Set bonus DVD.

Remove ads