UPDATE: Hasbro files lawsuit - Warner Bros. to make a D&D Movie. AICN

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Here is an article on the lawsuit..
http://rewired.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/hasbro-sues-stop-warner-bros-522262
Me thinks I'll make some popcorn.

Summary (from what I understand): Hasbro claims that the rights for Film Movies had reverted, as the Made for TV Movies (WoDG and BoVD) did not extend the Film Movie rights, and had no direct ties to the original (abomination of a movie for the most part).
Thus Film Movie rights are now back at Hasbro, while TV Movie Rights may still fall to Solomon.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Weird being able to root for Hasbro's Lawyers and not feeling dirty.

Yeah, really. Between the fact that they may well be right - if the original rights for TV and Film Movies were separated, Mr. Solomon may well be out of luck - and that Solomon can't seem to make a decent D&D movie to save his life, it is hard not to want Hasbro's lawyers to win this fight.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hopefully Hasbro wins this and allows someone else to reboot the series into something that makes more sense. For while a Chainmail movie would be cool, I have come to believe that Sweetpea Entertainment isn't the right company to make more D&D films. And that is coming from someone who liked the first movie and really liked the second one.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
The G. I. Joe are decent enough as popcorn flicks and don't hurt for budgets, so perhaps Hasbro recapturing the IP would bode well.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Arguably no- GI JOe is much older and has more of a hold in American toy culture. There may not be an American male over age 30 who didn't have one or play with a buddy's.

Remove ads