Update: Sadly Jennell passed away Jan 10, 2024. Jennell Jaquays, one of the founding creators of this hobby, needs our help.

qstor

Adventurer
Update: please see this news thread about her passing.

Few names hold as much weight in the world of RPGs as Jennell Jaquays. From near the beginning of the hobby her trailblazing work has influenced generations, she created one of the first RPG magazines, "The Dungoneer" published the same month as Dragon #1. She wrote designed and created the art for the first megadungeon, the H.G. Wells nominated "The Dark Tower". Her work appears in the pages of Dragon magazine. Outside of RPGs her activism and work with the Transgender Human Rights Institute in Seattle helped change the world.

She needs our help now. She's been diagnosed with a debilitating disease, looking at weeks in the hospital and months of rehabilitation. She has stabilized but the situation has remained dire.

Rebecca Heineman, Jennells wife, has setup a gofundme to help offset expenses. Please donate if you can.

Screenshot_20240110-190257_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240110-190257_Facebook.jpg
And Judges Guild is disrespectful towards her by using her dead name

Mod edit: Put spoilers on the deadnaming, in respect. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
And Judges Guild is disrespectful towards her by using her dead name
Yeah, Bob Bledsaws Jr and III are virtually Nazis over there. So, no surprise.

Edit: And.... the Nazi wankers seem to have blocked me from their facebook page because I wasn't playing their little game that deadnaming Jennell was somehow "politically neutral".

Last edited:

Edit: And.... the Nazi wankers seem to have blocked me from their facebook page because I wasn't playing their little game that deadnaming Jennell was somehow "politically neutral".
Yeah, several people (Including Jayson Elliot and Jolly Blackburn) posted on their "tribute" saying they should update it to the correct pronoun and name. Their response? Delete all their posts.

qstor

Adventurer

OH yeah I saw your post. Bob Bledsaw II blocked me as well!

Remove ads