D&D 4E UPDATED 6/20/08! kiznit's 4e Fold-over Character Sheet w/ Cards

Great Sheet!
I made a few minor tweaks just to suit my game group and personal preferences, but there is one I would like to share as a suggestion. In the Ability Scores section, you have three columns: Racial Bonus, Base, and Modifier. I don't see much call for keeping track of the Racial Bonus after character creation. I would just as soon write that in the Race Features section.

So, what I did was to add a third column of boxes and rename the columns as Score, Modifier, and Ability Checks. We have found that Ability Checks column to be very useful in play. Especially since it is the same number as the attck bonus for powers based on that ability (Mod +1/2 level).

Attachments

• AbilityScores.jpg
    AbilityScores.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 326

The Real Aranan

First Post
I made a few minor tweaks just to suit my game group and personal preferences, but there is one I would like to share as a suggestion. In the Ability Scores section, you have three columns: Racial Bonus, Base, and Modifier. I don't see much call for keeping track of the Racial Bonus after character creation. I would just as soon write that in the Race Features section.

So, what I did was to add a third column of boxes and rename the columns as Score, Modifier, and Ability Checks. We have found that Ability Checks column to be very useful in play. Especially since it is the same number as the attck bonus for powers based on that ability (Mod +1/2 level).

I'm seconding this suggestion. :)

Also, I just played a short game with one PC and me as the DM. The player, brand new to D&D, said the sheet felt rather intuitive and organized.

Festivus

First Post
Probably going against grain here, but I dont like the envelope. While it's rather unique, it's not terribly functional for me. You have to contend with it when writing on the other side of the sheet, it hides rather then displays all your powers and is something I have to cut out and assemble with glue (me and glue do not mix well... always a big mess).

My preference would be to have that real estate for something else, though not sure what, and then either store my power cards in a baseball card sheet or (preferably) on a single printed sheet as I have seen with some other sheets out there.

I love everything else about the sheets but the envelope.

Essobie

First Post
Thought you guys would like to see how my single sided character sheet turned out. Ended up not being able to fit everything in a Landscape format, but portrait worked out just fine. Check it out here. Thanks to kiznit and neolithic for getting me started.

neolithic

First Post
Thought you guys would like to see how my single sided character sheet turned out. Ended up not being able to fit everything in a Landscape format, but portrait worked out just fine. Check it out here. Thanks to kiznit and neolithic for getting me started.
Just had a look at that sheet and it looks great. Congratulations!

Foxen

First Post
This may be asking for too much, but for the "paper" doll, would be nice if there was a "female" silhouette for the female characters out there... Any maybe...by race and class...just teasing.

Nice work, and love your cribsheet.

Fox

Holy Bovine

First Post
kiznit - just wanted you to know that we used your sheets last game session and they were awesome! Even the guy who hadn't read or played 4E yet found them easy to understand and quick to reference.

Awesome job!

latinoosvaldo

First Post
I don't know if this will be of any use for you, guys, but I would like your permission to translate this sheet to portuguese for use in my own 4e game. I can post the link to download here after that, if you wish.

And thanks again for your awesome job!

Relbanan

First Post
Ok kisnit, we've waited long enough, where's 1.1? :) Definitely add Silvergriffon's idea up there, with the ability checks column, that's a good addition.

Get back to work, slacker! :)

Remove ads