Updated Battlebox - What's Different to the Old One?

Thanks for that Red Moon. Ok, so not really enough changed or extra in there for me to buy the updated version but still a good deal if you don't own the original.

Olaf the Stout

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Is the text any bigger than the first ones? I need to use my glasses to even have a chance of reading the original ones.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Shame the CD contents aren't available for download. I'd buy the CD for the spell AoE templates and spell effects counters alone.

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
I was just about to buy the Digital Counter Collection for Summoned Creatures to supplement my print copy too, then I decided to check my Battlebox CD on a whim - needless to say, I was quite pleased :)

Shawn

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Wardo said:
How big are the battle maps?

10" x 17" (ish). You get two, so can join them together, as they're flagstones (with some scattered bones, etc). Not sure you could draw on them (or, more to the point, if you'd be able to get the dry marker off if you did :p - they have a gloss, but are paper).

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Kid Charlemagne said:
Is the text any bigger than the first ones? I need to use my glasses to even have a chance of reading the original ones.

I don't have the first one, so I can't answer that. However, the text on the cards is pretty fine, so I doubt anything has changed.

Matchstick

Adventurer
Treebore said:
I believe the CD just allows you to print out more of your own stuff on your own card stock. I think it has the "main set" as well as the monster and animal summoning spells sets.

As for what is updated inside, don't know. If you haven't bought this before I do recommend you buy it. The Iron Heroes one is good too.

I'll second the recommendation for the Iron Heroes battlebox. It might be the best addon I've ever purchased, and at a darn amazing price. I kind of wish I had looked more at the other ones that were at GenCon now.

Remove ads