• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Updated Xanathar Guide Info

GarrettKP

Explorer
Mastermind from SCAG will surely be in? As well as Swashbuckler.

Swashbuckler will be, but Mastermind was not all that popular and it is more likely they put in the spell casters to benefit from the added spells. Swash makes it in simply because it is by far and away the most popular in the SCAG.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Well the three examples of sub-classes do nothing for me personally. Here's hoping for something out of the other 22.

I'm with you. If the Cavalier is anything like the version 2 I not only am unimpressed, I actively dislike it as bloat and should be rolled into the battlemaster. Horizon Master fits a limited selection of campaigns. Circle of Dreams didn't leave enough of an impression to comment on.

Ganymede81

First Post
Horizon Master fits a limited selection of campaigns.

Yeah, while I really liked the mechanics of the Horizon Walker, I feel they really needed a fluff rewrite to make them feel more accessible in a campaign. It is weird that their identity is so heavily entwined with the high-level ability of planar travel; they're horizon walkers, not planeswalkers.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Swashbuckler has been mostly confirmed and arcana domain and storm sorcerer are obvious, but i doubt that the fourth one will be Undying patron warlock. Why? It's probably one of the least popular subclasses in SCAG and found to be meh by most players. There was also nothing supporting it in the UA articles, while an UA only patron (seeker) goit some actual support. So i don't think we will be seeing it in XGtE.

A far greater possibility is the Oath of The Crown for paladins.
Huh....sun soul monk would be my guess for the 4th. Fills a niche, and doesn't overlap with thematically with Drunken Master or Kensai.

I'd be very surprised if the Bladesinger didn't make the cut, as it's probably the most popular subclass not in the core rulebook. It's comfortably ahead of the Swashbuckler in popularity, and THAT subclass is probably the second-most popular non-core subclass.

gyor

Legend
I'd be very surprised if the Bladesinger didn't make the cut, as it's probably the most popular subclass not in the core rulebook. It's comfortably ahead of the Swashbuckler in popularity, and THAT subclass is probably the second-most popular non-core subclass.

The problem with the Bladesinger is that it's elf and half elves, only, and I don't think they want to go race exclusive in the XGE.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads