• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Upgrading Witchfire?

Mentat55

First Post
A player in my 4e paragon tier game does not really like the options at level 13 for fey pact warlocks. He does, however, like his level 1 power, Witchfire. I floated the idea that I could generate a level 13 version of Witchfire.

However, I am kind of stumped for ideas right now. Any suggestions? I thought about changing the effect from an attack penalty to something else, or adding another small penalty, or changing the damage type to fire AND psychic.

Psikus

Explorer
Making it an area attack seems excessive to me - the attack penalty should be about -6/-7 at those levels, which is almost as good as a stun. The base power is already quite good, so I'd raise the damage to 2d10+Cha (or maybe just 2d8+Cha) and call it a day.

keterys

First Post
Making it an area attack seems excessive to me

True, it'd only be still quite a bit less effective than Prismatic Burst (Wizard 13) :)

And likely less effective than my other thought, which was treat it like Eldritch Rain and just give it a 2nd target.

On that note, Mesmeric Hold might be an interesting option for a warlock.

Remove ads