• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Gildrim and Ter-raen's swords flash in unison, and while Ter-raen's blade catches momentarily on the spider's carapace, both blows leave deep wounds. When Kuma bounds forward to join in the fight, he finds the spider already dead and twitching. Seeing this, Karm cancels his spell. The fight is over, though Gildrim and Ter-raen can feel the venom in their wounds still.

End combat

(Summon Nature's Ally has a 1 round casting time, which I interpret as meaning you spend a standard action on your turn to start casting it, and it is completed at the beginning of your next turn -- assuming nothing interrupts you. In this case, G and T kill the spider between them, so your spell never completes and the spell is not expended. Which is good for you, since the spider had DR 5/magic and a dire rat very likely have only been a flanking dummy. For future reference, yes, Kuma could have moved forward through Gildrim's square and to E4, taking an AoO. Serow, you're right that rage HP aren't temporary, thanks.

Gildrim and Ter-raen are due for more fort saves, please.)

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim abruptly stops singing and begins coughing. He's so busy coughing he doesn't even notice when the slight burning of the spider venom in his veins fades harmlessly.

"Nicely duin," he says. "An' nae chance ay nursin' it back tae health, Ah'm glad tae say."

OOC: 1d20+8=27

Karm

First Post
Karm goes to Ter-raen and tends to the wound that the spider inflicted upon him.
Kuma sniffs at the dead spider, growling.
[sblock=ooc]
Cool, I didn't waste a spell!
Heal Check for Ter-raen against spider poison. (1d20+8=17)
So 17 or his Fort check whichever is higher (if I'm understanding the skill usage correctly)
Edit: and I must remember to add the +4 str +4 con from Augment summoning that I have. That's a solid bit of melee
[/sblock]

Last edited:

serow

First Post
Ter-raen watches silently as Karm applies a bandage to help tend his wounds. Ter-raen takes a deep breath, to try and clear his lungs of some mild burning feeling. He looks down at the body of the dead spider, a bloody hole where his blade punctured its skin. Good hit, the barbarian agrees to himself. He is pleased that the moment of calm he had was enough to help end this threat to them.

Fort save (1d20+7)=17 waddaya know, same as the Heal check...!

covaithe

Explorer
Gildrim and Ter-raen shake off the last of the poison easily enough. The key will not be entirely trivial to reach, since much of the room is still covered in giant spiderwebs.

Karm

First Post
Karm nods at the dwarf and puts his shield away onto his back. He picks up the everburning candle and draws out his scimitar.

"Verdante! Look at this mess!" Karm attempts to slash through the webs nearest to the door.

[sblock=ooc]
Attack roll on webs, probably could have just taken 10.
1d20=5, 1d6=2
Lame.
Next round.
Search Spider's Room (1d20+1=18)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

serow

First Post
Ter-raen draws his scimitar and begins cutting through the irritating clinging pieces of spider web that get between him and the end wall. He curses the spider and its entire brood every three steps along the way, cursing their entire family line from their great-grand-ancestor on down.

Karm

First Post
"Wonder what a spider needs a key for, unless someone put the spider there to guard the key... An interesting creature though, I've never seen a spider like this before." Karm reaches down and holds up some of the web. "Thick..." he says and shakes the web off his hand. It falls to the floor and Kuma starts sniffing at it. It gets stuck to his nose and he tries to shake it off, then he begins trying to scratch it off with his front paws. Karm laughs, then bends down to help him with the web.

Remove ads