Using Mutants and Masterminds for a fantasy game

btw, Acid_Crash, are you still interested in playing in the BDRP PBP game? We just finished the first issue today, but Xavier had to be NPC'd for the most part of the last 2 battles.

Insight

Adventurer
I did it for a little while, and while I as the DM enjoyed it, I think my players were a little frustrated with it, expecting that they could just wade through lower powered enemies with one swing of the sword. MnM just doesn't support a hack n slash game very well. The combats, while much easier to adjudicate than D&D, last far more rounds generally speaking. Like someone said earlier, be prepared for a shift in combat and overall campaign philosophy. But I highly recommend trying it out.

As an aside, I ran a much longer Star Wars campaign using a slightly modified MnM rule set, and it was great - far more like Star Wars than the d20 rules.

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
btw, Acid_Crash, are you still interested in playing in the BDRP PBP game? We just finished the first issue today, but Xavier had to be NPC'd for the most part of the last 2 battles.

OMG, I completely forgot about that. I'm sorry. When I stopped posting I was in the last weeks of the term and the studies became too much. I ended up not roleplaying anywhere, I even had to quit the local group I was in for a while.

I feel like such a dumb.... ;)

Remove ads