• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using one Deity to represent another

Bob_no_Oni

First Post
Greetings all,

I have a small question. Since Sharindlar is not available for a Dwarf to worship, Cleric or Acolyte wise, would it be possible to use someone like Sune but state that you worship Sharindlar through her or as her? I am trying to make a dwarf that worships Beauty and Love.

The current rules do not allow for that. It is possible that rules for more deities will come out at some point, but until then, you could always worship Sune.

Greg Marks
DnDAL Associate Resource Manager

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I'm looking forward to seeing what the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide might bring. (I don't know, but I hope it has an expanded list of deities).

Thanks muchly for the answer, Greg!

Cheers!

Irennan

Explorer
I'm looking forward to seeing what the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide might bring. (I don't know, but I hope it has an expanded list of deities).

Thanks muchly for the answer, Greg!

Cheers!

The book will include an update on the state of all FR deities post Sundering. Since some deities not included in the PHB have been confirmed to be back (Azuth, Eilistraee, Vhaeraun), it's likely that the SCAG will include an expanded list.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Possibly. I dont think it will include a full update on all the deities. THat would be ridiculously long. and Im still not convinced until I see it on the page that we will get any 'new' ones. I do think the update will simply be on those deities listed in the PHB (just obviously a couple of paragraphs on each)

(Also Azuth IS listed in the PHB, just under Auril).

I would like to see some expansion for the Demihuman races though which is where I think there needs to be some more (perhaps 2-3 more for each demihuman race). A good example with the Underdark focus might of been Shevarash (the Elven Deity obsessed with revenge, loss and Hatred of the Drow). With this season having a core focus on the Underdark and to some extent the Drow.. probably would of been an apt god to include)

Although of course the Elemental Gods of previous editions: Grumbar, Kossuth and so on would of been great for the EE season.

Irennan

Explorer
(Also Azuth IS listed in the PHB, just under Auril).

For some reason I completely forgot about that.

I would like to see some expansion for the Demihuman races though which is where I think there needs to be some more (perhaps 2-3 more for each demihuman race). A good example with the Underdark focus might of been Shevarash (the Elven Deity obsessed with revenge, loss and Hatred of the Drow). With this season having a core focus on the Underdark and to some extent the Drow.. probably would of been an apt god to include)

The description says ''discover the state of the Realms and its deities after the second Sundering'', so the returned ones should be listed. Steve Kenson also said that the book will offer a ''tremendous wealth'' of gods: if they were just the same as the PHB, there would be no point saying that. I agree that the demihuman races need more deities, they only got one each. And the Underdark/drow focus would be perfect to at least give some info on Eilistraee&Vhaeraun, since their return is no small thing for their race.

Although of course the Elemental Gods of previous editions: Grumbar, Kossuth and so on would of been great for the EE season.

I don't know if they are still primordials or not, but info on them would still be good for people who plan on running PotA outside of AL.

Last edited:

kalani

First Post
Unfortunately -SCAG is not yet available for any story origin. Even if it does include new deity options, you can't use them unless SCAG is listed for your story origin

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I think this is just more a speculation thread on what SCAG might contain.

I apologise Bob for helping to derail the thread. Currently the only 'Dwarven' God is Moradin. SCAG as stated MIGHT increase the number of Dwarven Gods.. we just arnt sure.

Anthraxus

Explorer
To be honest, Tyranthraxus, Greg gave a pretty definitive answer to the OP's question. :)

Myself, I am hoping to see an expanded list of FR Deities(in the SCAG or otherwise). I guess I'll have to wait and see if I will roll up a cleric until later.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads