• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using Potions as Weapons

orion90000

First Post
I've been thinking (Dangerous, I know)

Instead of selling those old potions of Cure Light Wounds when you don't need them anymore. Instead, use them to battle the Undead.

I know there are technical issues with this idea but I'll throw it out there anyways. Why not allow players to be able to throw the potions like a grenade at an undead creature. Sure, Will for half damage.

Sure, potions are supposed to be ingested to go into effect. So why not create Oil of Cure Light Wounds instead? I don't think there are any rules regarding what can be oil and what must be potion. Also if it is an oil, it would allow allies to heal their tank from a safer range (if they make a successful ranged touch attack).

Baveboi

First Post
Take a look at Alchemist on the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide. He uses some bomb concoctions, it could be a nice way to see your things trhough.

Superj3nius

First Post
This gives me an amazing idea (though it may be stupid once I post it). Could a potion of whatever be used and activated as above? Could it be done with other spells? Such as a potion of Color Spray?

orion90000

First Post
This gives me an amazing idea (though it may be stupid once I post it). Could a potion of whatever be used and activated as above? Could it be done with other spells? Such as a potion of Color Spray?

Technically a potion requires the user to be the target of the spell. I don't think that a spell with an area of effect would work... However, I did suggest a similar idea for glitterdust arrows previously. These would either become magic weapons (ammo) or Wonderous Items.

PolterGhost

First Post
I'm fairly certain Castles and Crusades allows you to utilize items like "Potion of Fireball" to give yourself the ability to hold the charge of a spell for a round, which can make you seem like you're Mario at times.

I don't see any issue with making potions have out-of-the-norm effects.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads