• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

V The new Series (spoilers)

NewJeffCT

First Post
While normally, I would agree with this, but we know they have been here for a long time (how long? I don't think it has been revealed or I missed it), and would have learned all these things they claim they can do, what with their advanced technology and supposed higher degrees of insight.

But, yes, if they claim they just met... that's far fetched to believe, but it makes them even MORE scary and godlike. Only weeks and you can cure 65 of our primary ills? That is a lot to swallow, and for the masses, tough to ignore.

I can't remember who said it... but a PERSON is smart, resourceful and capable of individual insights. But PEOPLE are dumb, mob-like and will believe anything.

Maybe their V technology is already advanced enough that they have adaptable cures that be easily converted into something that cures those 65 diseases? Like a super-penicillin from the future. Sure, it may seem suspicious that they could do that in weeks, but how would we know they can't?

And, as for speaking our language, they have a universal translator on Star Trek - why can't the Visitors have similar?

NewJeffCT

First Post
Another nitpick: 3 Weeks and the USA already allows civilians on an alien starship?

I suspect if this was playing in Germany, it would take 3 months to have written down the legal code to cover the visit to alien starships. Maybe that's why no Spaceships are shown over Berlin or Munich. The Aliens advance infiltration groups just didn't get the legalese worked out ready, so they decided that Paris had to suffice for continental Europe. ;)

While the show has been on the air for 3 weeks, the implication is that the Visitors have now been around for a good deal longer than that - a few months, I think?

My big problem with the show is the rushed feel to it when they cut the 6 episodes down to 4. I think it would have worked a lot better spread out over 6 episodes.

Remove ads