{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

KitanaVorr

First Post
I like your idea reaper :)

well, hmm...if this situation gets any more desparate I might volunteer! (lol no you don't all have to be vampire hunters in d20 modern, i was just teasing)

reapersaurus

First Post
that would be great, KitanaVorr!

I hereby get behind you all the way, in your Storyteller suggestion!

*reaper gets so behind KV that he starts inching her forward, inch by inch... inexorably pushing her out onto the stage with the lights*

As long as it's not set in Texas. ;)

Jemal

Adventurer
I'm just thinking - I've never actually played Masquerade, but I've got the book. Do you really NEED a story teller? Couldn't it work if it was mainly role-playing and character interaction? NPCs could be 'played' by basically anyone, as long as they followed the NPCs established nature.

The reason I ask is because I've been a part of 90 Park, a Vampire RPG PBeM game set in New York. There's no storyteller/GM/etc, and for a few years it was going great, but eventually people moved on, grew disinterested, etc. But during that time there were many adventures, you just don't wait for someone else to start something, you go do it yourself.
What's everyone think? It would have to work on a big level of trust and responsibility, no "I was hiding you couldn't have seen me" or "No, I actually hit you!" stuff.

Timothy

First Post
I did that thing before, it's actually quite fun. You can roleplay a lot, and it doesn't evolve about gaining xp, but having fun only.

I'vote Yea

Festy_Dog

First Post
Well an offer has come up for a d20 game with all vampires, I'm inclined to head in that direction because I'm a little confused with what the starter thing for V:tM said and then looking at what was on the pdf character sheet there. Though I am quite impressed with all the different clans.

A good political game is going to need a Stroyteller to set up the NPCs and their power bases and such.

Even though I don't really have the time, I'm about ready to try to give it a shot myself.

Stay tuned for details....

Timothy

First Post
Ashrem Bayle [Home] said:
A good political game is going to need a Stroyteller to set up the NPCs and their power bases and such.

Even though I don't really have the time, I'm about ready to try to give it a shot myself.

Stay tuned for details....

Did I mention I love you ashrem??

(Rule #1: Always love the DM, this will save lives. If he's not into loving, just like him very much :D)

It will probably be some time Monday before I post anything specific.

Feel free to post any info as to what kind of characters you have in mind and what their goals are.

I should tell you that goals will be VERY important. I wouldn't make a character designed specificly for combat as he/she will get bored.

However, that is not to say that there will not be any bloodshed.... there will be.

I'm going to want very detailed histories and specific details about your character's goals and ambitions and how they plan to go about getting where they want to be.

This will be a Camarilla based game. No Sabbat.

Clans Assamite, Tzimisce, Lasombra, Salubri, and Samedi are off limits.

I'll consider Giovanni and Setite characters, but you'll need a really good concept.

The city will most likely be New York.

More details soon.

Last edited:

Remove ads