• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

KitanaVorr

First Post
Vychtorya said:
Jemal and Vych should get along pretty well then...she has a weakness for beautiful humans, male and female and anything else she might find beauty in no matter how macabre. LOL hee hee ;)

LOL I was just thinking that myself ;) They're both social butterflies.

Fortunately Caitlyn doesn't share that 'beautiful people' weakness or this would be getting an extra interesting to the point of meow meow scratch scratch. If it wasn't obvious already when her obsession was enhanced by Sabrina's awe hehe, her weakness is beautiful and unusual sounds plus rich emotional expressions -- things that drive her songwriting.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Vychtorya said:
Thanks Kit. :) Not sure I'm 100% yet, but definitely a lot better.

Glad to hear that. The flu can be such a pain. Lingers forEVER and of course the cough is always the last to go ;)

I don't know if you have relatives in the medical profession or if you're in it yourself (in which case you know this already), but this really really works. When I had a major exam on a Saturday (MCAT) I got the flu a few days before that -- it was an 8 week flu that was going around too -- very bad.

My dad took me to his office and hooked me up to an IV filled with fluids, vitamins and who knows what else for one whole day. I thought he was crazy, and it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences. But by Saturday (he had done this on thursday) the flu was gone...not even a COUGH remained to bother me. Pretty amazing I thought. Now I'm an advocate for that hehe of course doesn't work if someone doesn't like needles.

:p

KitanaVorr

First Post
Jemal said:
OK, well I'm an insensitive, typically thick-headed male, so I'll assume that actually means it's nothing. :D

*gasps*

You!? an insensitive typically thick-headed male? You?...naw...surely you must jest ;)

Why...your comments in ICCG surely suggest such a high-level of feminine acuity at least to the bugbear....

KitanaVorr

First Post
Jemal said:

OOC: UM, I happen to have 2 younger sisters, and if THEY've understood me since they were 2, then to a child as smart as Sabrina, who's been around this kind of speaking patern in her brother, uncle, and parents, her whole life, it should be easy to comprehend. I fail to see the problem. Maybe she's just dizzy from hunger..

Well she is a spoiled rich kid who's hungry enough right now to only be thinking ME NOW ME ME NOW NOW! She probably wouldn't have left so abruptly if she wasn't so hungry, but I can see that reaction for Sabrina if she is really that ravenous.

On a related note:

How low does the blood level have to be to be actually be at frenzy exactly? Is it only when it goes down to 1? Because if you don't have an established herd like Sabrina or Gabriel (actually I don't know if he has a herd, but since he hunts outside, so probably not?) etc...don't you get a chance to roll a 1 to start a scene off in frenzy?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Gabriel has a few allies he could feed from, and a stock of blood he can access when he needs it. However, he preffers fresh blood and he actually enjoys the hunt to some extent.

He feeds as needed, and usually from the "scum of society".

Jemal

Adventurer
Shal - Well true, I only know a few rich kids, and I don't spend a lot of time with them, so I guess they might be like that, I don't know.. wtvr, it's an rp opportunity.

About the blood.. That's the reason i suggested setting blood pool to: 2d4+2(Base) + Survival or Herd
That way you'ld have min 4, max 10 (Before survival/herd)

KitanaVorr

First Post
Jemal said:
Shal - Well true, I only know a few rich kids, and I don't spend a lot of time with them, so I guess they might be like that, I don't know.. wtvr, it's an rp opportunity.

ROFL...Jemal, did you just call me Shal when responding to my comment or was that just to skip over me straight to Shali?

Cuz if its the first I'm LMAO!

Shalimar

First Post
Well, the low on blood through me for a loop, so I was trying to think of what a child would do that was starving. Yes, I know she probably could normally understad what you were saying, but she really wasn't paying attention to your words. She could tell it might take him awhile to get around to having blood ready for her, so being an impatient child she just went to see uncle Nathan, because he can do anything. Or so she thinks.

reapersaurus

Explorer
I haven't gotten a chance to post, but let me ask about Nikolai's blood situation:
You say 9 - (the number of blood points he created.)
I had been planning from the beginning to have him get the Ritual which lets him create 1 point blood tokens. 5 sounded like a nice round number.
I know that Gabriel took the ritual from the beginning, and crafted 5.
I originally posted that Nik made 5 during this down time, but if that's the case, than he's at 4 now, and needs to roleplay a Hunt.

I've been wondering how that would work from the outset - I have no idea how much this kind of scene is ever roleplayed...

I'll think about what kind of approach Nikolai might take to this situation and post back when i have an idea and when i get the chance.

Remove ads