• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Who Wants To Live Forever?

izillama

First Post
Clover arched her eyebrow in just as much confusion as Meredith seemed to exhibit as Koln sped past her in the hallway. She met Meredith's eyes for a moment then shrugged, motioning for the woman to get back in the room before she was missed, whispering to her, "When working with crazies, it's best not to cause any kind of upset, lest you set them off. Go play their little game. I'm right behind you."

ladymermaid

First Post
Clover arched her eyebrow in just as much confusion as Meredith seemed to exhibit as Koln sped past her in the hallway. She met Meredith's eyes for a moment then shrugged, motioning for the woman to get back in the room before she was missed, whispering to her, "When working with crazies, it's best not to cause any kind of upset, lest you set them off. Go play their little game. I'm right behind you."

Even more started by Clover's sudden "pleasantness" Meredith walks into the room again and goes to sit at the table, inspecting the key and keeping an eye on the crazy lady in the corner.

Strider_Koln

First Post
"Nobody expects ze Malkavian inquisition!" Koln declares happily, returning with Lacey (and Socrates) to the room. "Merci', I trust my hat gave you absolutely no trouble?" He asks, taking his hat back from off the head of the "chef."

Tale_Weaver

First Post
"Nobody expects ze Malkavian inquisition!" Koln declares happily, returning with Lacey (and Socrates) to the room. "Merci', I trust my hat gave you absolutely no trouble?" He asks, taking his hat back from off the head of the "chef."

The "Chef" bows graciously dropping the hat from his head as he does into Koln's hands. "No trouble at all, but I must get that tea! To the kitchen with me!" He leaves the room disappearing down the hallway.

The other cloaked figures continue to flit about the room, sweeping here and there and picking up objects and puting them back in their place only to pick them up again and place them somewhere else.

The woman continues to sit crouching in the corner and muttering to herself.

Meredith
[sblock]The key looks like a normal key but one that is made specifically for a security door. Usually a building will have only one of these made and anyone wanting a copy would need authorization from the owner(s) of the building to do so.[/sblock]

ladymermaid

First Post
The "Chef" bows graciously dropping the hat from his head as he does into Koln's hands. "No trouble at all, but I must get that tea! To the kitchen with me!" He leaves the room disappearing down the hallway.

The other cloaked figures continue to flit about the room, sweeping here and there and picking up objects and puting them back in their place only to pick them up again and place them somewhere else.

The woman continues to sit crouching in the corner and muttering to herself.

Meredith
[sblock]The key looks like a normal key but one that is made specifically for a security door. Usually a building will have only one of these made and anyone wanting a copy would need authorization from the owner(s) of the building to do so.[/sblock]

Meredith looks at the key, looks behind her through the door to the door across the hall and tries to see if she can tell if it might fit or not.

Meredith Perception Check
Rolled on D20:
rolling 1d20

(11

)

= 11

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Meredith looks at the key, looks behind her through the door to the door across the hall and tries to see if she can tell if it might fit or not.

Meredith Perception Check
Rolled on D20:
rolling 1d20 (11)= 11

Meredtih
[sblock]You can't tell if the key will fit or not just by looking at the keyhole.[/sblock]

Lacey comes over to the table to join Meredith. She sees the cassette and takes out the player. "Shall we play the pretty music?"

ladymermaid

First Post
Meredtih
[sblock]You can't tell if the key will fit or not just by looking at the keyhole.[/sblock]

Lacey comes over to the table to join Meredith. She sees the cassette and takes out the player. "Shall we play the pretty music?"

Meredith gets up leaving the key on the table and goes to lean on the armchair directly across from the woman in the corner, keeping a steady eye on her. "Yah. You might as well."

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Meredith gets up leaving the key on the table and goes to lean on the armchair directly across from the woman in the corner, keeping a steady eye on her. "Yah. You might as well."

The woman in the corner continues to rock back and forth paying no mind to Meredith. Meredith can see that she seems fixated on some object she is holding but she can't tell what it is.

Lacey goes over to the table and places the tape into the player.

"My studies proceed at a languid pace. I'm mired in a foul ennui as my wife's illness advances. My subjects grow restless without proper supervision, but I cannot pull myself back from this black depression. How many nights I've wasted now gazing from the tower walk, pondering the frailty of existence.

After decades of solitary study into this affliction, I have learned that it is by no means mine alone. Indeed, the city is home to an entire society of similarly afflicted individuals with whom I've only recently made contact. They are an understandably standoffish sort, by and large, but I have been able to confirm with them that the condition is indeed vampirism which apparently comes in a multitude of strains, each with a spectacular set of symptoms such as invisibility and even a sort of lycanthropy. Through numerous official interactions with the governing body of this secret society, I have concluded that their fundamental understanding of the vampiric condition is woefully lacking and mired in suspicion and pseudo-religious dogma that would make a Turk balk for its strictures. Indeed, they seemed impressed with my studies and the eloquence with which I was able to present them, apparently the typical suffer of my particular strain of vampirism is far from the vanguard of the king's English. So impressed where they that they even offered me an office in their government, a rather high office by the sound of things. I believe I shall accept. If nothing else, it should provide a lofty vantage point from which to observe the breadth and epidemiology of the afflictions so that I may move more expeditiously toward a cure."

As the tape ends the woman in the corner seems to snap out of a trance, reacting to Grout's voice. Meredith can see that the object she is holding is a knife. She turns to see Meredith and starts laughing manically "Come to take me have you? Do your experiments please you? You will not have me!"

GM: Everyone roll initiative. Also, place yourselves where you're supposed to be on the map.

ladymermaid

First Post
The woman in the corner continues to rock back and forth paying no mind to Meredith. Meredith can see that she seems fixated on some object she is holding but she can't tell what it is.

Lacey goes over to the table and places the tape into the player.

"My studies proceed at a languid pace. I'm mired in a foul ennui as my wife's illness advances. My subjects grow restless without proper supervision, but I cannot pull myself back from this black depression. How many nights I've wasted now gazing from the tower walk, pondering the frailty of existence.

After decades of solitary study into this affliction, I have learned that it is by no means mine alone. Indeed, the city is home to an entire society of similarly afflicted individuals with whom I've only recently made contact. They are an understandably standoffish sort, by and large, but I have been able to confirm with them that the condition is indeed vampirism which apparently comes in a multitude of strains, each with a spectacular set of symptoms such as invisibility and even a sort of lycanthropy. Through numerous official interactions with the governing body of this secret society, I have concluded that their fundamental understanding of the vampiric condition is woefully lacking and mired in suspicion and pseudo-religious dogma that would make a Turk balk for its strictures. Indeed, they seemed impressed with my studies and the eloquence with which I was able to present them, apparently the typical suffer of my particular strain of vampirism is far from the vanguard of the king's English. So impressed where they that they even offered me an office in their government, a rather high office by the sound of things. I believe I shall accept. If nothing else, it should provide a lofty vantage point from which to observe the breadth and epidemiology of the afflictions so that I may move more expeditiously toward a cure."

As the tape ends the woman in the corner seems to snap out of a trance, reacting to Grout's voice. Meredith can see that the object she is holding is a knife. She turns to see Meredith and starts laughing manically "Come to take me have you? Do your experiments please you? You will not have me!"

GM: Everyone roll initiative. Also, place yourselves where you're supposed to be on the map.

OOC: Meredith's Initiative:
rolling 1d20 + 3~ (9)+3=12

Strider_Koln

First Post
OOC: rolled an 8 for initiative. It's in Roll20, which barely works for me on this barely working laptop, and will not work for me at all on my phone or kindle

Remove ads