• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Van Helsing taking a beating

Dark Jezter said:
As for Van Helsing; I'll probably go see it. It looks like a fun popcorn flick with good special effects and lots of action.
My thoughts exactly.

I wonder sometimes if my expectations of movies is really different than the majority of my peers in this hobby. :\ I see no reason to slam a movie for not being brilliant when it was never intended to be.

kingpaul

First Post
Page said:
View clips from the movie here and behold the awful truth for yourselves. This thing looks absolutely putrid. Richard Roxburgh is completely laughable as Dracula...
Oh, I don't know. I thought the movie looks like a good romp.

milotha

First Post
Page said:
View clips from the movie here and behold the awful truth for yourselves. This thing looks absolutely putrid. Richard Roxburgh is completely laughable as Dracula...

Wow. Those were terrible, and I thought my impressions of this film couldn't get any worse. The man couldn't act his way out of a paper sack, at least in this movie.

Wombat

First Post
Okay, after vieing the clips, all I have to say is this...

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

They are of a piece -- lots of potential, but I'm not seeing the followthrough.

kingpaul

First Post
Wombat said:
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
That movie had to many main characters, each having a special ability. Definitely detracted from any kind of focus/cohesion. I don't perceive this movie along the same lines, as its one main character (possibly two) who faces off against a horde of villains.

LightPhoenix

First Post
kingpaul said:
That movie had to many main characters, each having a special ability. Definitely detracted from any kind of focus/cohesion. I don't perceive this movie along the same lines, as its one main character (possibly two) who faces off against a horde of villains.
Eh, a huge cast of characters isn't the problem - look at X2 for a prime example. There were a good number of characters to balance in that movie and they managed to do it.

I just attribute League and what I've seen so far of this to simply bad writing.

Berandor

lunatic
O.K., so far I've only heard (very) bad things from test screenings, not one positive review at all. Now these film clips... they're awful. LXG indeed. I'm not gonna spend money on this movie so that the producers regard it as a success and make even more in its kind.

NeuroZombie

Explorer
I'm with the "A Good Romp" crowd. I like both Kate and "Leopold" very much as actors and have enjoyed all of their respective movies that I have seen. I don't expect great Cinema, just a good action flick. I am sure thats what I wil get.

As for AICN, well.... there are children present so I won't go into it :)

Suffice it to say, their opinions of a movie have never, ever, been my opinion of a movie, so I pretty much ignore any comment they have and may even do the exact OPPOSITE of what they say, see what they say not to see and vice versa.

Remove ads