Vasorn, the World Under Dragonfire

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Grim, your swords slips between the ribs of the one that wounded the half-dragon, drawing a gasp from him as he whirls to confront you.*

*Zykovian, your avatar slips free of Vexian's grasp and slams her to the ground. Feeling power fill you at winning this round of mental combat, you slash hard into Vexian, you claws penetrating deep and your fangs find her throat. With a gush, her life's blood leaves her body, and she drops without a sound. Hazarath has turned to engage a dark, scarred deep gnome that has inexplicably popped up behind him, but swings wide. A small bolt goes into the dragonkith's throat, a dagger joins in, and another arrow thuds into his chest. Hazarath falls dead. Behind the deep gnome you can now see a bald, ugly duegar woman, a badly fire-scarred drow man, and a svirfneblin that shows clear deep dragon heritage. They seem to be waiting for you to make the first move. You note your items are tied in a bundle near where Hazarath's body has fallen.*

[OOC - You deal 22 points of damage with your claws, and 15 points of damage with your bite Zykovian.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian: 82/101 hps (14 sub, 5 real), 25pps remain after rd.

Zykovian felt the kill, his more primal side enjoying the defeat of his foe. The deep wounds he caused the ‘kith actually infused Zykovian with health and he was ready to kill the next. Seeing the odd group beside the other fallen ‘kith, had taken Zykovian aback, but only for an instant. The wind seemed to come out of him, but he wasn’t certain how he felt . . . had he evaded death only to receive it from his possible rescuers?

“I am in your debt,” Zykovian side quietly, not wanting to alert other guards that may be around. He noted the sack of gear . . . his gear. He kept his arms steady and made no aggressive move.

Allow me to gather my equipment,” he continued, indicating the sack with only a nod of his head, “and I will assist you in your goals. I have tried to help the those who you seek to free, and I can help you now.”

OOC: did the Claws of the Vampire heal his wounds back to full.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Lead the way," Grim rasps. "And try to be quiet about it; we don't want any attention." He watches the half-dragon warily, but allows him to collect his equipment.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian, Half Sapphire Dragon Fighter/Rogue: 101/101 hps, 25pps remain after rd.

Zykovian nodded to the gnome and looked to the others, hesitantly. Seeing no objections, Zykovian moved to the sack and picked it up. He pulled out a glob of viscous liquid and sent a tiny bit of psionic strength to it, giving it his instructions. The liquid flowed up his muscular arms and across his entire body. Almost immediately, Zykovian started to blend against the outer cell wall as the skin did its task.

Mithral breastplate, bracers, rings and gloves, among other items were quickly but quietly worn. As Zykovian finished his task (shouldering his quiver and bow and affixing his haversack to his belt), he looked to the fallen ‘kith, knowing that with more time, he might have be able to help them. He looked over their bodies for keys or other items of significance.

“I cannot sense if they have any magic about them,” Zykovian quietly commented, then still kneeling at the corpse, looked up across to the gnome. “You are here to free the slaves, aren’t you?”

With an affirmative, Zykovian will take point, moving with quiet confidence. If someone did see him, perhaps they would thing he was supposed to be there.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Keia said:
“I cannot sense if they have any magic about them,” Zykovian quietly commented, then still kneeling at the corpse, looked up across to the gnome. “You are here to free the slaves, aren’t you?”

With an affirmative, Zykovian will take point, moving with quiet confidence. If someone did see him, perhaps they would thing he was supposed to be there.

At the first comment, Grim looks to see whether they bear anything enchanted. At the second, he nods. "Why else do armed freemen come into the territory of your kind?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The 'kith had magical battleaxes and a magical amulet apiece. They have keys to their own rooms and some of the storerooms, but all of the other Cages are simply barred from the outside. Guran and Ellimon (the half-dragon and drow) go to start unbarring the doors, and the grateful slaves pile out. Dessa looks at them for a minute, then turns to Zykovian.*

"You're one of Sarellion's kids aren't you? Tell me, sapphire-kin, do you have mind powers?" she inquires, looking at your very hard. It's a rather odd non-sequitor.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*The 'kith had magical battleaxes and a magical amulet apiece. They have keys to their own rooms and some of the storerooms, but all of the other Cages are simply barred from the outside.

Grim collects the amulets, and (if no one expresses an interest in them) reduces one axe to kindling and shards with the other. At the mention of mindbending, Grim immediately eyes the dragonchild suspiciously, though he makes no obvious move for a weapon.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian turned over the keys to those working the doors, just in case, then decided to wait and see if the gnome was going to take any of the magical gear.

Dessa said:
"You're one of Sarellion's kids aren't you? Tell me, sapphire-kin, do you have mind powers?" she inquires, looking at your very hard. It's a rather odd non-sequitor.

Zykovian looked her over a moment or two, not surprised by her question. She had see him half naked, and his appearance was rather obvious to those in the know. He was uncertain what game the dwarf woman was playing with him. Zykovian felt the old rules of his life come to the front. He willed them down, but couldn’t bring himself to answer plainly.

“I have some talent in the ways of the mind,” Zykovian responded, “though very little compared to full dragons.”

’Why did I tell her of my powers . . . one of my most guarded secrets,’ Zykovian wondered. ‘Have I lost my edge . . . no, that isn’t it . . . but what?’

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"What of your sire? Would you abandon the dragons for true freedom? Would you fight against your own kind? If you had to fight your own sire, would you do it?" she fires off her questions rapidly as the drow and half-dragon start to round up the slaves. The half-dragon separates the gnomes and children from the others, explaining about the smaller escape route.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dessa said:
"What of your sire? Would you abandon the dragons for true freedom? Would you fight against your own kind? If you had to fight your own sire, would you do it?"

’True freedom?!?’ Zykovian thought. ’It’s only a dream I myself have barely dreamed of, hoped for.’. . . but couldn’t bear to have in crushed before his eyes. He felt suddenly tired, wondering why he bothered . . . then he saw the small children and the gratitude of the slaves freed.

“What of my sire, miss?” Zykovian retorted. He spoke with a hint of sadness in his voice, “Things are not the way you may think from the outside . . . would I fight? My own sire?”

He pondered the questions for several moments – he hadn’t thought about it on that scale, only small victories. He couldn’t defeat Sarellion, not now . . . but someday. Zykovian wasn’t certain about this ‘true freedom,’ but living without fear appealed to him.

“I would fight . . . whoever it took, to be free,” Zykovian stated solemnly. Then after a moment added with a slight smirk, “Although not everyone today, if you please.”

Remove ads