• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming 2024

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it! Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2048.jpeg

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it!

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Actually "Eve of Ruin" made me immediately think it was a Part 1 a la Infinity War and Endgame. Obviously not, tho.
Doing an adventure path of hardcover adventures would be pretty crazy. I'm sure there's an audience for it, but that's would be approaching Paizo levels of AP content, and I would be surprised if many people played those all the way through.

I hope the story is about stopping Vecna from completing his body. I'd really, really like a huge battle with a two-eyed, two-armed Vecna. Heck, give him four arms and a mouth on his stomach so he can cast two spells at once.

Doing an adventure path of hardcover adventures would be pretty crazy. I'm sure there's an audience for it, but that's would be approaching Paizo levels of AP content, and I would be surprised if many people played those all the way through.
It's called a Chronicle, and is what Free League did for Symbaroum. It was 6 books in total; was very nice seeing it finish this year.

It's an interesting choice to take a character whose most famous qualities are that he's missing and hand and eye and not have him missing either on the (presumed) cover.

On the other hand, I guess this means all of his body parts are now in play. Anyone want to call dibs on the Left Foot of Vecna?
He is, the left hand and eye are spectral

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
He is, the left hand and eye are spectral
Not really. they are obviously empowered, but there is nothing to suggest they are spectral. you can't see through the hand in the image and the eye is just a mote of light. it seems much more likely that Vecna has reacquired them in the image, potentially suggesting plot points in the adventure that the PCs have no agency to disrupt. Yuck.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads