Vecna: Nest of the Eldritch Eye

WotC Vecna: Nest of the Evil Eye--Deets On The Prequel Adventure

FitzTheRuke

Legend
No, it was for all VPN stores, as I recall. I found this article

You mean WPN stores? Huh. If it was just for that book and that book only, I may have known about it at the time and have simply forgotten about it by now. Some of those years are a bit of a blur...

aco175

Legend
Does anyone think that a fan-created pdf will not be created for this? Just like the after Icespire Peak box set set of modules that were a DDB only.

Barantor

Explorer
So, I support a few creators on Patreon that make DnD stuff. For one monthly price, I get access to all the stuff they’ve made and continue to make. It’s essentially D&D as a service already. I’m afraid that when the corporate overlords decide to make the change, we won’t have strength to resist.
So with patreon content, you are usually downloading it to keep, you pay the fee, you keep the product.

My worry with DDB/VTT in the future is that if you don't continue paying the subscription, you no longer have access to the product. Thus you never 'own' it, you only rent it. This could potentially be the way that D&D moves, but I do hope my theory about it is wrong.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Physical books are still the lion's share of D&D sales, and will be for some time. Digital exclusives will become more commonplace as we go forward, yes, but I do not expect digital to totally supplant physical for decades, if ever. Folks have been pronouncing the demise of print for some time:
WotC has been trending towards digital only since they bought D&D Beyond and announced their VTT. This is aligns with all of their monetization talk, Microsoft CEO's, the recent layoffs, the changes to their publishing contracts, and so on. The writing's on the wall. My guess is by the end of 2025 or early 2026. But time will tell.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
WotC has been trending towards digital only since they bought D&D Beyond and announced their VTT. This is aligns with all of their monetization talk, Microsoft CEO's, the recent layoffs, the changes to their publishing contracts, and so on. The writing's on the wall. My guess is by the end of 2025 or early 2026. But time will tell.
I think the writing will still be on paper come 2026 and well beyond. I will get a slice of humble pie ready for you! ;)

Remove ads