'Veiled Threats' Issue #1: New Friends, No Fun.

jasamcarl

First Post
The warforged shrugs as the small crowd congregates around him and clomps off, failing even to acknowledge Wen's greeting. The filthy boys follow to continue their teases.

The country lad's new companion, Tom, slips in and out of the crowd.

Tom: you are able to pilfer a silver piece from what appeared to be a relativly well-off human tourist.

Torazz: your senses ward against surprise as an old hand descends on your leathered shoulder and an thick, but gentle male voice queries, "You are the scout, Torazz?" You can hear as well as see the flapping of the ends of his long, black cloak as well as smell the husky smell of a thick beard.

ooc: it looks like the warforged has other business, so pay him no mind. :) Hope everyone else is still with me. I apologize for the delay.

Urko

First Post
Wen watches in disappointment as the warforged plods silently away. He turns to Tom. "Oh well. Yeah, I guess I should be careful who I talk to. But I'm just so excited to be here!" He continues to openly gawk at the passersby.

jasamcarl said:
Torazz: your senses ward against surprise as an old hand descends on your leathered shoulder and an thick, but gentle male voice queries, "You are the scout, Torazz?" You can hear as well as see the flapping of the ends of his long, black cloak as well as smell the husky smell of a thick beard.

"Possibly. And you are...?" Torazz says before turning to see the face behind the voice.

Yeoman

First Post
As the 'forged moved away Lily growled low in her throat before hollering after it, "I not done with you! You not moving away from me! I'LL KICK YOU!"

Before she got too involved in her pursuit she caught a strange scent, the scent of another shifter. She turned slowly as her gaze came to rest on Torazz. She didn't move immediately towards him, but instead crouched low and began to circle, silently watching what he was doing and who he was speaking to.

jasamcarl

First Post
The throngs of visitors remains think and largly obvious to the spectacle of the warforged thudding off to the bare periphery of the waiting area.

Lily: A few dozen feet away, you spot the armed shifter, or rather, his back, as he turns to another man. His face not visible, all you can tell of his general appearance is his thick brown hair. He obscures the human, with only the fringes of a black cloack visible from your vantage point.

Torazz:

You turn to see two large, energetic blue-grey eyes. The youth there is only slightly diminished by the wrinckles present in his narrow, pointed face. A long flowing beard wraps over his mouth and descends into the folds of his cloak. He smiles before speaking, "Who am I? I am one who has many noble aquaintances, and now atleast one aquaintance of an aquaintance.." smiles, obviously pleased with himself, "...but to be more precise, I am your employer. As you can also guess, I am not your charge..." his face grows more conscerned, "..I'm afraid she has been..." with that he crys out and slumps down to the (filthy) ground infront of you. Immediatly behind him, a small figure with tannish green skin, displaying its small sharp teeth through an open maw, a appropriatly small morningstar in its right hand...a goblin.

The two tourists on your right and left are pushed over onto the ground as two other armed and armored goblins haphazardly swing their morningstars simultaneously in horizontal arks aimed at the back of your knees. One's swing is off because of a distraction from a flailing civilian, but you feel a sharp sting on your left knee.

Torazz takes 1 damage.

Everyone but Torrazz:

You hear the cry of an old man before seeing some 30ft away two goblins converging on either side of an equipped, but surprised shifter. Thick mass of people seperate you from the beleagured one.

Initiative Order: Wen, Lily, Tom, Torazz, Goblins(3). Wen acts first.

Map:

>>>>>>>>G1
>L>>>>>>To>G2
WT>>>>>G3

W = Wen

L=Lily

T=Tom

To=Torazz

G#=goblins

>=simply a space marker. each (usually) represents 5ft.

ooc: lucky goblins rolled a 20 on their hide checks. :)

Last edited:

Ranger Rick

First Post
Tom will mirror Wen's action acting as a flank protector (attacker?) to Wen's movement's. Tom does pull out his sap irregardless of Wen's actions.

OOC: Due to Tom's lack of combat prowess, he only attacks if he can use flank bonus & therefore is able to use his sneak attack roll.

Urko

First Post
Wen's attention is instantly focused by the commotion a short distance away. "Hey, we've got to help that man!" He concentrates for a moment and a shimmering transluscent purple blade of energy appears in one hand. Without looking to see if Tom is backing him up, he rushes to assist the stranger in trouble.

One move action to move manifest mindblade. One move action to close with goblin G2 (updated position on map)

>>>>>>>>G1
>L>>>>W>To>G2
>T>>>>>G2

jasamcarl said:
One's swing is off because of a distraction from a flailing civilian, but you feel a sharp sting on your left knee.

Torazz takes 1 damage.

Torazz grimaces at the pain, but stifles a cry. Instead he growls and draws his longsword from his left hip, swinging at the goblin to his right (G1) in a downward arc. [Attk: +2; Dam d8+1, 19-20/x2]

Ranger Rick

First Post
OOC having 2 G2s is confusing.

As wen moves up, Tom follows him and is directly behind Wen with his sap.

>>>>>>>>G1
>L>>>TW>To>G2
>>>>>>>G3

Next round, Tom will tumble behind the goblin (g2 or g3?) wen attacks setting up a flanking move.

Last edited:

Remove ads