'Veiled Threats' Issue #1: New Friends, No Fun.

Yeoman

First Post
Map as of Lily's Initiative, also remember to act in order.

>>>>>>>>G1
>L>>>>W>To>G2
>T>>>>>G2

Lily was always eager for a fight, so the moment that the commotion started she was ready to act. She quickly surveyed the scene and saw her opening, quickly drawing her axe as she ran screaming towards her new prey.

"You just made big mistake gobby! Now you mine!"

One move action to close to Goblin1 while drawing her axe, standard action to attack.

>>>>>>>LG1
>>>>>>W>To>G2
>T>>>>>G2

Urko

First Post
To clarify: Wen is going after the goblin that Ranger Rick has designated as G3.

BTW, if you use Courier font ({font=courier}{/font}), every character takes up the same amount of space. And single letters for each character might be less confusing.

jasamcarl

First Post
As the two young companions and the female shifter rush to assist the beleagured stranger, they find their efforts impeded by the City of Tower's greatest curse...crowds. The confused thralls, mostly Brelish, are stunned by the sudden onset of violence, clearly not used to such a display of Sharn's particular 'character'. (Basically half movement)

As Torazz draws his blade, the two goblins on his sides take a couple more swings with their weapons from amongst the legs of the crowd. The scout's is able to avoid a blow to his right leg, but his left takes an even more severe blow right on the front of the knee. Torazz responds with a swing towards the little twerp (G1), but he tight confines of the massed peoples prevents a successful connection. All three goblins come in for another blow, the one who initally faced Torazz (G2) now standing over the black-cloaked humand back in an attempt to get a good shot, but the crowds serve to inhibit the goblin's swing's.

Torazz takes 3 damage.

The goblin on the left (G1), cackles in glee at his relative success, screaming in a broken common, "You don't mess with Daask, forest man!!!"

The nondistinguashable newcomes, finally realizing that a fight involving weapons has broken out its its missed, rushes away from the clash, some pushing forward closer to the lift site, others back to the lightning rail and others just to a barely safe distance so they can still get a good look at the carnage. (Full movement restored).

Map:

>>>>>L>>G1
>>TW>>>ToG2
>>>>>>>G3

ooc: I extrapolated where I think you should be based upon the new half-movement condition. It shouldn't matter, as next round, the field of battle is now clear. ;)

Urko

First Post
Wen

Wen bites his lip in frustration as he tries to push his way through the crowd. "Please, let me through." Finally the crowd parts and he can clearly see the three goblins getting the worst of the shifter. I don't know what this is about, but I don't like the odds. With visions of the widow Burness and two leering bandits in his head, Wen cloes in to attack, but an old woman, slower than most of the crowd and confused about which way to run, gets in his way. Twisting to avoid her, his mind blade swishes harmlessly over the goblin's head.

Move to attack G3
Melee Attack = 5

>>>>>L>>G1
>>T>>>>ToG2
>>>>>>WG3

jasamcarl

First Post
Urko said:
Wen bites his lip in frustration as he tries to push his way through the crowd. "Please, let me through." Finally the crowd parts and he can clearly see the three goblins getting the worst of the shifter. I don't know what this is about, but I don't like the odds. With visions of the widow Burness and two leering bandits in his head, Wen cloes in to attack, but an old woman, slower than most of the crowd and confused about which way to run, gets in his way. Twisting to avoid her, his mind blade swishes harmlessly over the goblin's head.

Move to attack G3
Melee Attack = 5

>>>>>L>>G1
>>T>>>>ToG2
>>>>>>WG3

ooc: did you want to roll your own attacks from now on, Urk? I can see the advantages in allowing you to describe your own actions based on the outcome. That goes for everyone else for that matter.

Ranger Rick

First Post
jasamcarl said:
ooc: did you want to roll your own attacks from now on, Urk? I can see the advantages in allowing you to describe your own actions based on the outcome. That goes for everyone else for that matter.

OOC: Does not matter to me. The problem will come with people writing their actions out of Init. order. Also, the crowd acting as a barrier was an unexpected (nice) touch. Things like that would affect us therefore I think you should still roll.

I move after Lily.

Tom follows along with Wen, than seeing what he is about to do, Tom somersaults (tumble +6)around the fleeing crowd and using his sap, flank attacks G3. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=81625) (14 roll +2 flank +0) (2d6 damage)

>>>>>L>>G1
>>>>>>>ToG2
>>>>>>WG3

>>>>>>>T

Urko

First Post
Ooc

I'm used to rolling my own attacks, skill checks, etc. I usually only describe the result when it's an obvious miss (like when I roll a 5!). If I roll high, I will typically go ahead and roll damage at the same time and wait for the DM to describe the result and whether or not I hit. I'm more than willing to adapt to whatever conventions you want to use.

jasamcarl

First Post
ooc: thanks for the input. I think i'll stick with making most rolls simply because, as Ranger pointed out, it's my job to keep track of all the environmental conditions and their respective modifiers; I don't want to wear down the patience of my players by continuously editing their posts. :) One thing I can do, though, is make the rolls and make a little bullet of the different modifiers I used and then leave it to the player to describe the effect before stating their next round's action, i.e. I get the crunch, you get the fluff. I have no problem with scene descriptions, but my intuition is that giving players that much discretion invests them to a greater degree in the game. But for now, we'll just continue with the traditional route unless someone requests otherwise. Long ooc. :)

Remove ads